Discussion topic: Sim Activation and PAC

This message was authored by Lelkel88 This message was authored by: Lelkel88

Sim Activation and PAC

So I've taken out a new contract with sky and I'm trying to activate a Sim with PAC code to keep my old number. But so far it's giving me error messages and I've had three separate phone calls with sky who every time can't activate the Sim and keeps sending me new Sims to try this is now my fourth Sim and It's still not active I'm really confused as to why this is happening and feel like I should cancel the contract if they can't keep my number anyone else had the same problem or if you have a solution?

All Replies

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Re: Sim Activation and PAC

Have you tried activating the sim then using the pac code?

Have you restarted the phone?

Is there any error message after entering the pac code?

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Lelkel88
Topic Author

@twilight+princess @I tried the option online to activate with PAC. The other 2(now 3) times I have called SKY and spoken to them directly so not sure how they did it. When I did it online it just gave an error message and then when I clicked it, it told me it was activating the sim and it could take a while (but this wasn't the case it already failed as per customer services and they had to order another sim. ) I am now on the fourth sim still waiting for it to activate. I have tried restarting the phone. No joy

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Thanks for the update. 

If the new sim doesn't work then I would activate first then use the pac code.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Lelkel88
Topic Author

I believe sky tried to just activate it. But it still didn't work. I'm thinking I may be better off cutting my losses and cancelling as I'm still within that period. Especially if it's taking 4 + attempts to even get a working sim? 

That is an option if the 4th sim still doesn't work.

Did you purchase a phone at the same time? If not then is the phone unlocked to all networks?

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Lelkel88
Topic Author

@twilight+princess yeah I bought the phone and sim at the same time from sky. 

This message was authored by pcdoc This message was authored by: pcdoc

Same problem here. 1st sent text message, got configuration messages and a number. However lack of signal was my concern. Rang sky and apparently the SIM had been rejected, I knew nothing of this. We'll send a new SIM. You guessed, SIM arrives, I activate it.

Activation SUCCESSFUL! Nope it ain't, no text message, no configuration messages and no number. Long story short ring sky they are aware of this problem escalated to next level don't know when it'll be sorted maybe a couple of days.

Doesn't instill alot of confidence.

Regards
Bob

That's good as the phone is not sim locked.

Hopefully the new sim will work.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Lelkel88
Topic Author

@pcdoc @It really doesn't. Especially as a new customer 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion