Discussion topic: Romaing US

This message was authored by MrRadar This message was authored by: MrRadar

Romaing US

Hi All,

Looking for some confirmation. I have roaming on and have data on my Moto Edge 40. I had to manually change the APN to the correct settings. However, no calls or texts despite have a VOLTE device. 

I hope I am only paying the £2 per day, but I am not getting any text confirmations. Any guidance/answers wpuld be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Romaing US

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you make calls or send texts ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
MrRadar
Topic Author

Hi, 

I am actually using a Motorola ThinkPhone, which is not working in the US at all, despite meeting all the criteria. I have tried to resend settings, but the phone never receives them. I really do not want to have leave and go to another network. Any helps you can provide for this?

Cheers

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When the passport activates you receive a text about the £2 charge, like this:

Hi. Your Roaming Passport Plus is active. It lasts 24 hours from 30/07/2024 at 17:46 UK Time. You're only charged for the data, calls and texts you use, and a £2.00 charge is added to your next bill. To avoid charges once your passport expires, turn off data roaming and avoid calls or texts. To add more data or manage your spend cap, visit sky.com/hub/mobile - having problems? Head to sky.com/roaming-problems

Have you received this?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
MrRadar
Topic Author

No, as in I get no service at all. I can not make a call, my phone is a brick at this point. I have had to buy a basic phone whilst ou there in order for it to work. This gets the text messages, but my motorola does not get anything. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion