Discussion topic: Re IPhone Flip Phone

This message was authored by Jamrock This message was authored by: Jamrock

Re IPhone Flip Phone

Can you tell me if an IPhone flip phone is coming out soon/next year as I would like to up grade to that?

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Re IPhone Flip Phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jamrock I've not seen any actual info about one being released, just rumours. You may be better off asking on the Apple forum as there may be more information there.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jamrock 

Given the existence or otherwise of any such product would presumably affect Apple's market valuation by several billion dollars, I'd suggest it's not going to be either confirmed or denied with any veracity in a relatively small vendors customer forum.  Corporate lawyers do tend to get quite upset about that kind of thing.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Doubledee222 This message was authored by: Doubledee222

MacRumors have released all the "cases" so firms which deal with Apple iPhone cases use the moulding and in turn can have them made in time for the September launch, I haven't nor have I heard of a rumour of any flip phone, Apple have suggested there will be one in the near future but not before 2026 so it could be then or after, MacRumors are probably the most reliable place to get any info, but there's always someone who insinuates "iPad 2024 ultra folding" zero evidence of any leaks which Apple tend to be very careful when it's close to launching, there's vague information about an iPhone Ultra but since no credible evidence or moulds have been released they have not mentioned this in several weeks, i normally prefer to stick to the even iPhone numbers it's them which get the best tech, I've personally found even numbers 11, 13, 15 are used as a tester so to say, so for example if the action button was to be less important they would discontinue it, it was like the iPhone 12 mini it was probably the first ever monumental **bleep** up Apple released, this left them at a major loss, when in effect it's a SE, which i believe is being revamped and the home button is now being totally discontinued, on all Apple products which leads me and several others who are mods on the forum, to believe they will soon be releasing a fingerprint scanner on the screen, or a more less noticeable notch for the face recognition, all Apple events I've been invited to which give updates on futuristic design and technology Apple intends on bringing to the market we have our phones, watches anything that's capable of delivering a signal or taking pictures banned, and there was a "rumour" of the IPhone 16 Pro Ultra which was apparently to be released in tandem with the vision device, this nobody knows but again no moulds have been accounted for, but then again the latest iPad M4 nano textured display nobody had leaked until a couple of months before launch.

Unless you see credible evidence and someone reliable enough who has links to the Apple Inc then don't bother wasting time believing something that isn't worth reading, I would post some links to credible sources however some mods on here seem to dislike links to to help people get facts, but please do check out Apple insider on YT, MacRumors, and of course apples X account sometimes they hint about a new upcoming product which was this year the pencil Pro, soon as it was tweeted "pencil this in your diary ✏️" the forums went into overdrive.

Now to my opinion on the so called flip phone, I'm afraid I've not seen nor heard anything that's worth listening to, so I doubt there will be one guess you'll find out on or around the 6th September and launching between the 15th and 26th September.

also note on the IOS18 release, whether it's beta or September release whichever, not all functions will be available in the UK like the AI, new messaging using satellites, etc so think carefully if upgrading on launch is worth it unless your out of contract or not, nothing really will be changed from the current IOS17.5, you may pick up a better deal and probably actually get the device when promised around Black Friday events but I have heard a lot of the IOS18 functionality won't be implemented in the UK or EU until at least 2025, only reason i am practically always justifying upgrading as I'm on a plan with my current network which includes roaming and unlimited everything and best speeds and Apple One with a 20% discount, if it wasn't for that then i probably wouldn't be even remotely interested in upgrading my current IPhone 14 Pro Max.

Samsung have a flip phone if your interested in a Samsung (unless your a more Apple ecosystem person) but good luck on whatever you choose

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion