Discussion topic: Poor Network

This message was authored by Paul24Monty This message was authored by: Paul24Monty

Poor Network

Hi All,

Recently purchased two iPhones (14&15) and currently porting across from EE.

Having checked the coverage checker, apparently there should be no issues with 2,3 and 4g inside and out and a little 5g coverage.

I'm struggling with both phones to get 1 bar signal strength and mostly getting 3G with a little 4g occasionally.

Is there something I'm missing or what setup is required for a good signal? 

I did think that perhaps the porting my number across from EE was affecting it but I don't know anymore.

Any help appreciated

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Poor Network

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul24Monty 

Does any network issues show here for you:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Paul24Monty 

Does any network issues show here for you:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Paul24Monty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul24Monty This message was authored by: Paul24Monty

No, apparently the network is good with no issues.

I was considering resetting next settings after ensuring the line number was correct after my old number has been ported 

Paul24Monty
Topic Author

Network settings 🤣

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Oddly I had read that as network as well !

This should be what you need to do:

Go to sky.com/networksettings (My Account > Mobile > Settings) and sign in with your Sky iD.
Select the mobile number or SIM name you're having trouble with.
Scroll to 'Resend network settings' and select Request settings.
Save the settings when your receive them and reboot your phone.

Paul24Monty
Topic Author

Cheers, I'll give that a try.

Should I waiting until the old EE number has been fully transferred ?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Yes, wait until Sky has told you that the numbers have finished porting over and even then you will need to make sure the your two phones are showing the correct numbers as per this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Apple-iPhone-User-Ported-a-Number-to-Sky/td-p/3629014/jump-t...

If all this is correct then go ahead and send through the network settings to them.

This message was authored by primitiveman This message was authored by: primitiveman

Since moving from EE to Sky about a year ago I have seen a 90% drop in my data speeds. I have speedtest screenshots taken in cities across Cheshire, Wales and Yorkshire.

I'm very, very lucky to get 10mbps downloads or 1mbps upload.

Spoke to them a while ago, got told to wipe the sim!!!

I logged a complaint regarding consistently poor data speeds when I spoke to the advisor about returned TV equipment back in Jan.

I have not had a call back from anyone.

I have a 60GB contract and have never been able to consume more than a few GB a month. I am a web developer and cannot rely on the data speeds to tether when needed.

Just tried loggin a complaint via https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints

The complaint form doesn't even work, it just errors saying "The form failed to submit, please try again later." 😖

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Unfortunately Sky uses the O2 network which constantly comes last place for speed against EE, Three and Vodafone in independent tests by RootMetrics, OpenSignal, nPerf etc. 

This message was authored by Glenman+57 This message was authored by: Glenman+57

no service rubbish connections think going is best option

This message was authored by primitiveman This message was authored by: primitiveman

It does seem like Sky are scrimping in all areas.

I've been to meet clients in the past and been stuck in the middle of nowhere with no reception and unable to get a taxi. Spoke to 'support' a couple of times. Got told to wipe the sim or that they have updated some settings, give it a few days.

No improvement to signal & same issue across Cheshire, Wales & Yorkshire.

I logged a complaint about the signal quality in January over the phone. No response.

I tried again via the online complaint form when I last commented, the form didn't work.

I managed to submit a complaint via the form about a month ago, got an email about a week ago asking for some charaters from my password... Then nothing since.

Sky mobile is suffering from terminal frugality on all fronts. Avoid using them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion