Discussion topic: Payment

This message was authored by Paigecam This message was authored by: Paigecam

Payment

I have kept up with payments for my mobile and iPad and this month I got paid after the amount was due, I was a day late paying and paid as soon as I could but I'm still getting emails saying that I have not paid it and sky have tried taking the amount out three times, the mysky app says my bill has been paid and my banking app shows the payment went through. Why do I need to pay twice ?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paigecam wrote:

Why do I need to pay twice ?

You shouldn't have to but usually instances like this occur when you have made a manual payment when you have something like a direct debit set up. If you do have a direct debit setup and the payment fails then Sky will try again 10 days later to take the payment so you don't have to make a manual payment as this is an automatic process so can not be stopped.

If this does apply to you Sky will take the direct debit so the payment you made should appear as a credit that can either be refunded or can be left on your acciunt to be used to pay next months bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Paigecam
Topic Author

I pay manually and have never had a direct debit with sky, should I just pay the 86? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paigecam wrote:

and sky have tried taking the amount out three times

Are they trying to take it from your card three times ?

If your account is showing as the bill has been paid and nothing is outstanding then it does appear that your account is up to date.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Paigecam
Topic Author

Yeah I keep getting messages from my bank that they have tried to take payment but I have insufficient funds.

i have just checked the app again and it says

"payment received: -173.00

payment received: -87.00

27 jan

payment received: -86.00

01 feb"

so now I am confused if it has went through since I made one Payment on the 27nd since both my devices come to £86 which is what I paid. I will try and call sky tomorrow since I'm so confused 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion