Discussion topic: Parental Control Not Working

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Parental Control Not Working

Hi,

I'm trying to disable parental control for Sky Ireland as it keeps blocking websites and my domains which don't have any adult content.

I tried use card to disabled the Parental Control but I'm getting error:
GET /tokenise raise NotFound, "#{request.request_method} #{request.path_info}" ^^^^^

I tried on. Mobile, on laptop and same results. seems like tokenise page has been deleted based on error?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Parental Control Not Working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All you can do is to call Sky Ireland to see they can do this for you so try calling them on 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Anonymous 

If the process is the same as in the UK only a credit card will suffice not a debit card. You can borrow a credit card if you haven't got one yourself, it doesn't have to be yours. The only other way is if you have signed a credit agreement with Sky Ireland, then they will already know you are 18 or over so if you call them on 150 they can deactivate this for you (FYI I  believe the ROI customer service centres are closed over weekends). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

That's ridiculous. I don't know anyone who owns a credit card. This isn't the US, where credit cards are widely used by everyone. Maybe it's common in the UK, but in Ireland, we mostly use debit cards. We don't even have a credit score system like they do in the UK.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Anonymous 

I did say if the process is the same. Give Sky Ireland a call today and they should be able to do this for you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Magiwiccan This message was authored by: Magiwiccan

"in Ireland, we mostly use debit cards. We don't even have a credit score system like they do in the UK" 

Of course we have a credit scoring system, its CCR or the central credit register. 

If you had just rang sky  in the first place instead of ranting at people replies you would be sorted by now....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion