Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Adamlfc23 This message was authored by: Adamlfc23

OTP not being sent

Issue is happening AGAIN no text verification codes from nhs mail, fleet solutions or my bank.  

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: OTP not being sent

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for your continued feedback and comments regarding this issue. 

Work has been done to resolve the majority of the issues seen with our supplier however I am noticing still a bit of noise on the thread with customers saying things have not been working still.

I would like any users who are still having issues to complete another OTP request.  If this is still not working, please use this example whilst completing our form we are using to collating individual examples found here: https://forms.office.com/e/dUU97GjGSU

We are looking for examples within the last 48 hours.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Sarahall27 This message was authored by: Sarahall27

Re: Not receiving OTP

Hi @Clareridds

I am also having this same issue but I have been with sky now for arround 6 months and havent had an issue I have been receiving my OTP codes from my bank Santander. However all of a sudden today I am not receiving them and therefore cannot log onto my online banking. I too switched from O2 amd carried my number over. 

This message was authored by davypan This message was authored by: davypan

HI not receiving  OTP fom my bank Santander , just started last week ,was on to someone in Sky for over half an hour trying to get it sorted but cll droped out and they never called back , can any body piease help

This message was authored by Aaron This message was authored by: Aaron

Same issue here. Ported my number from O2 to Sky yesterday. Trying to sign into iMessage on my iPhone, but I'm not receiving my 2-factor authentication (OTP) messages from Apple, as either Text or the alternative Phone Call. I've also had at least one person tell me that they were unable to call me on my number. 

This seems to be a longstanding problem that affects the majority of authentication services. This is an essential requirement of a mobile phone! I wonder whether Ofcom are aware? 

I was on the phone to Sky, they told me to update the network settings while I was on the call. The call abruptly ended and I'm waiting for a call back. I'll hold my breath. Having read the above thread I think this is a customer service delaying tactic.  

This message was authored by qwertyuiop3 This message was authored by: qwertyuiop3

not receiving otp

hi, anyone else not receiving otp messages? in my case from santander? i have'nt had any success for the last 2 days. spoke to a sky agent and was told i am not alone having this problem.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: not receiving otp

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@qwertyuiop3 

It is an issue that pops up fairly regularly. All you can do is call Sky and report it and inform of the company you can't receive the messages from. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by qwertyuiop3 This message was authored by: qwertyuiop3

Re: not receiving otp

yup, ive done that. hope its sorted quickly. agent said there had been a few other cases yesterday but it could still take a few days to sort out. not good.

This message was authored by Markoid1 This message was authored by: Markoid1

OTP Premium Bonds - Not receiving

After many calls with the Premium Bond people and some testing, my Sky mobile will not recieve OTP from NSI...

I have noted that this has happened to other people. Is this a fixable issue?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: OTP Premium Bonds - Not receiving

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Markoid1 

It is an issue that pops up fairly regularly. All you can do is call Sky and report it and inform of the company you can't receive the messages from. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you for getting involved with Sky Community Forum to share this experience you are having with OTP SMS's.

I've reached out to the relevant team to see if this is something that can be investigated. 

Any new users reading this thread who are also specifically just having issues with receiving OTPs, feel free to also share your experience by confirming the company you are struggling to receive OTPs from. 

This thread will get updated as and when we have more information to share.

I'm marking this post as the current answer just so it's pushed to the top for easy finding 🙂

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Johnny+Clarke This message was authored by: Johnny+Clarke

Same issue for me, Santander in my case. 

This message was authored by BobbyGooding This message was authored by: BobbyGooding

New customer and cannot receive OTP from Halifax bank, just to add to the information. 

This message was authored by Anu22 This message was authored by: Anu22

I just ported my number to sky last month  now I am unable to receive otp from state bank of India. 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

This has been checked through back office teams and at this time we cannot see any indication of a wider issue with OTPs.  Though we do appreciate there is a number of users showing this issue.

Moving forward, our advice at this time is that you contact the relevant business you are not receiving OTPs from in order to have this investigated further from their end. 

If there is any additional information that might be helpful for other users based off the back of you having this conversation with the relevant company then please do reach back out on to this thread here to share 🙂

I am marking this as the best answer for this current time so it's easily findable for other users.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

well, i just spoke to a sky advisor who told me that there was definitely a problem at their end and that they are dealing with it now and it should be sorted soo. we shall see...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion