Discussion topic: New switched sim now no calls or incoming texts

This message was authored by Julie2004 This message was authored by: Julie2004

New switched sim now no calls or incoming texts

Hi, I have activated the sim and waited until sky sent texts to say it's all up and running. People are receiving my texts but I'm not receiving any at all and no calls can be made to me?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: New switched sim now no calls or incoming texts

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is the number correct on your phone ?

If this is an iphone go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone.

If it is an Android phone go to About Phone > My Phone number, change it and reboot the phone. Also in text settings change the chat function to automatic. Make sure your current number is ticked and the temporary one isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is the number correct on your phone ?

If this is an iphone go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone.

If it is an Android phone go to About Phone > My Phone number, change it and reboot the phone. Also in text settings change the chat function to automatic. Make sure your current number is ticked and the temporary one isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Julie2004
Topic Author
This message was authored by Julie2004 This message was authored by: Julie2004

Thank you. I have contacted Sky and apparently the switchover is still happening and could take 2 more days to complete! Wish they had told me this when I chose them but it should be sorted soon. Thank you for your help ☺️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion