Discussion topic: New iPad, unable to get new sim to work

This message was authored by GVG This message was authored by: GVG

Re: New iPad, unable to get new sim to work

Hi,

i have the exact same issue. My ipad sky sim number won't receive calls or text, so I can't even add the number to my Apple ID. 

and judging by these comments it's a common issue. 

This message was authored by Summer1104 This message was authored by: Summer1104

I have this issue also. New iPad and sky sim, sim activated but not receiving text messages. Please can I have help from support. 

This message was authored by Becky1590 This message was authored by: Becky1590

I am having this exact same issue. Did anyone find a solution? 

This message was authored by Greenedreamer This message was authored by: Greenedreamer

@Becky1590  Unfortunately I have not yet found a solution. I had hoped by the amount of people encountering this issue that Sky would provide some advice, but nothing yet. I hope someone can't find one!

This message was authored by L+salty This message was authored by: L+salty

Exactly the same issue. No calls/texts and no way of receiving a code when adding the number to my Apple ID. Following this thread to hopefully find a solution!

This message was authored by HRG11 This message was authored by: HRG11

So glad I came across this because I'm having the exact same problem. Hope there is a solution soon 🤞

This message was authored by Noddie77 This message was authored by: Noddie77

I'm having exact same issue. Seems that Sky are happy to take your monthly payments but not fix an obvious issue that is impacting plenty of users.

This message was authored by Georgiahales21 This message was authored by: Georgiahales21

Hi sky I have this problem too!

This message was authored by pamelalit This message was authored by: pamelalit

I've got the same issue . 

This message was authored by TaraD1990 This message was authored by: TaraD1990

Same issue here. 
had a malt advisor on the phone who said sounds like iPad is broken so has replaced it for me. 
unfortunatley doing the exact same thing. 
I have a feeling they are blocking the numbers on the sim as they are data only plans?

if that is the case and I am in my 30 day period I'm just going to cancel and buy a MacBook elsewhere. 
when you buy cellular you expect it to work for the money you're spending don't you!!

This message was authored by BookishHermit This message was authored by: BookishHermit

Very same issue, the sky mobile number does not work and there is no option to add the number to the iPad. 

This message was authored by Sky1998 This message was authored by: Sky1998

I have this issue does anyone know how to fix it?

This message was authored by BookishHermit This message was authored by: BookishHermit

After doing some research (no help from sky) it seems that the sims they send out with iPads and tablets are actually  data sims - you are only meant to be able to use the data that's connected to them, you don't actually have free calls or texts, or even a number that works, it's just a data sim. - they don't tell you this when you purchase though so something to be aware of! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion