Discussion topic: New iPad, unable to get new sim to work

This message was authored by DreamerG74 This message was authored by: DreamerG74

New iPad, unable to get new sim to work

I just received a new iPad from sky mobile, my first purchase from them.  My iPad was set up from my previous iPad (which was not cellular) and it has taken the phone number from my iPhone.  I am not looking to transfer my number as I still have a contract on the iPhone from a different service provider. I cannot change the number on my iPad to the Sky sim number as it asks to enter a code sent to the sky sim number, obviously I am unable to receive the code. I have activated the SIM card. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: New iPad, unable to get new sim to work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm a bit puzzled by this.

You have an iPad from Sky so what sim are you using in it, one from Sky and if so what are you trying to do after activating it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DreamerG74
Topic Author
This message was authored by DreamerG74 This message was authored by: DreamerG74

Hi, thanks for answering.  Yes I am using the Sky sim, and it seems to be activated, but no calls or texts are coming through on that number.  The number I have on my iPhone is the only one showing on the iPad and I can't change it or add the new sky number because I am not getting any messages through that number.  I know it's totally confusing.  Essentially I have 2 devices from separate providers and I want to keep them separate, but the Sky phone number won't accept calls, etc.  I hope this helps...

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't understand this bit:

@DreamerG74 wrote:

The number I have on my iPhone is the only one showing on the iPad 

So I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

DreamerG74
Topic Author

Hi thank you. I sent a message through the chat

This message was authored by Stacey12583 This message was authored by: Stacey12583

The same thing is happening to me if you find out what to do let me know! 

so I have an iPad from sky with a sky sim, 

I inserted and actived the sim but it's not accepting calls or texts, I need to make a new Apple ID as you can't have two numbers on the same Apple ID. 
but I can't make a new one untill the calls start working as in order to make a new one I need a phone number to send texts and calls and they aren't working haha! 

This message was authored by Joshua991 This message was authored by: Joshua991

This exact thing is happening to me right now it is very frustrating and it also says all my internet has been used only had it two days and can't receive calls or texts on sim and can't use internet when disconnected from Wi-Fi, it's very frustrating that I cannot call sky personally or do a live chat with them to sort this asap 

This message was authored by Greenedreamer This message was authored by: Greenedreamer

Hi, I wish I could help you but I still have not been able to resolve the issue. I have spoken with Sky and Apple and they couldn't understand what the problem was.  It's so frustrating.  I searched online too, but I eventually gave up. Now that it's happening to you too, it clearly is a common issue.  I hope you are able to resolve it somehow. If you do, please let me know. Take care. 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Joshua991. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by AroAce+God This message was authored by: AroAce+God

Same problem. Sim is in and activated but number is not showing in settings and iMessage send and receive.

This message was authored by kerry91 This message was authored by: kerry91

I've just got a new iPad from sky and a sky sim. I've activated the sim but it still won't work in the iPad. It's not receiving calls or texts. The iPad has signed into my iMessage from my previous iPad which I don't want as I want to use the new sim in the iPad 

This message was authored by Greenedreamer This message was authored by: Greenedreamer

@Sky. Clearly this is a common issue and simply escalating this is not providing a solution either. I still have the same issue and I often miss messages and calls which come through my iPhone but not my iPad. I use my iPad 90% more than my phone, mainly due to the amount of data I get with the sky sim. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion