Discussion topic: New Sim Not Showing on Account

This message was authored by Tjohn78 This message was authored by: Tjohn78

New Sim Not Showing on Account

I'm unable to activate my 2 new sims that came in the mail today as they are not showing on my sky account, so I am unable to use my new phone, any help would be ace.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: New Sim Not Showing on Account

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with miss4-0 we found that the second mobile order had created a new account so we created a new Sky ID and successfully linked the new account to it.

It was a pleasure speaking with you miss4-0 and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Francesca199127 This message was authored by: Francesca199127

Hi 

need help as cannot access SIM card on my account. Only brings up one acct which is only a phone contract and new contract is phone and sim which doesn't display on my account. Have been trying to make contact however keep getting disconnected and want to increase my data allowances thakns

@Francesca199127 

Did you order this new phone and sim on the same account that your other one was one because if you didn't then you will not be able to see it on that account.

This message was authored by miss4-0 This message was authored by: miss4-0

I'm having the same issue. Ordered an additional phone and sim on my account but neither show under my Sky ID. When I try to activate sim it keeps taking me to the original one. Tried help and chatbot but I'm going round in circles getting nowhere.

The chances are it is on a different account.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent miss4-0 an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with miss4-0 we found that the second mobile order had created a new account so we created a new Sky ID and successfully linked the new account to it.

It was a pleasure speaking with you miss4-0 and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by miss4-0 This message was authored by: miss4-0

Thanks again for your help Tom - all working now.

This message was authored by Dr+PVS This message was authored by: Dr+PVS

My issue is similar, I received a new phone, sim, and watch yesterday but none of them are showing on my account and I can't activate them. What are my options other than sending them all back?

You don't need to send them back but you could either give Sky a call to get the sim activated or we can alert the messaging team to look into this as the chances are that when you placed the order they were ordered via a different account as per the post above yours. If you want us to alert the messaging team then post back here to let us know.

This message was authored by Dr+PVS This message was authored by: Dr+PVS

Thank you.

I only have one account with a phone and sim already running.

Please will you report this for me?

Thank you for responding.

@Dr+PVS 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Dr+PVS an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion