Discussion topic: Mobile Phone Return

This message was authored by Cloudwatcher This message was authored by: Cloudwatcher

Mobile Phone Return

I recently changed to Sky Mobile but unfortunately the phone seems to be faulty. I contacted customer service who agreed I could send it back. I asked about the credit agreement I took out over three years and he said that would be cancelled. However on the instruction email I received it states - If you have an outstanding credit agreement for your device, you’ll need to pay the remaining balance or your monthly repayments will continue. Is this correct?

Here is a copy of the conversation I had with customer service - 

You

So what will happen with the payments for the loan?

Read
Ashutosh
at 16.07 Oct 14
Once we get the divice the loan agreement will get close

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Mobile Phone Return

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Cloudwatcher  if you are within the 31 day cooling off period then you should be able to return it and cancel the agreement, provided the phone is faulty and it's not mechanical/water damage caused by you. If you are outside the cooling off period then sky will try and repair or replace the phone if it's faulty, they won't just cancel the agreement. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Cloudwatcher
Topic Author
This message was authored by Cloudwatcher This message was authored by: Cloudwatcher

@63johnw

Thanks. There was no mention of a replacement just that I could return the phone. I definitely don't want to be paying for a phone I don't have! We shall see.🤔 The whole thing has been a nightmare to be honest.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Were you in the cooling off period, because if you were not as @63johnw saud above usually Sky will try to repair it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cloudwatcher
Topic Author

@caesarome 

Thanks. I only took out the contract last month so hopefully the returns policy will apply. It's so frustrating as the only communication is on line.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

150 is the number to call Sky on from the device in question, just say nothig when asked anything by the bot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Cloudwatcher wrote:

@caesarome 

Thanks. I only took out the contract last month so hopefully the returns policy will apply. It's so frustrating as the only communication is on line.

Exact dates are important.  Either you're within your cooling off period or not.  (But as noted above returning a 'faulty' phone within the cooling off period may not be straight forward depending on the cause of the fault)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Cloudwatcher
Topic Author

@caesarome 

I tried that but because of the problem with the mobile I couldn't hear what he was saying so he texted the link to follow to do an on line chat. 😪

Cloudwatcher
Topic Author

@63johnw 

Thanks for your comments. I have sent the phone back and will wait to see what happens.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion