Discussion topic: Iphone Swap

This message was authored by Lolabear1 This message was authored by: Lolabear1

Iphone Swap

I am looking to swap in my Iphone 12 to an Iphone 14 Max. My current phone is in perfect condition and is just over a year old. Online it estimates the value of my Iphone 12 if i traded it in would be £310. 

How accurate is this price? It states the price could be reduced after they have have completed checks on it, but i would have already got my new phone and sent my old one off by then, so dont want to have to end up paying much more than expected.

Has anyone had any experience with this before? Do they always value it lower than what they estimated in the first place once you send it off?

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Iphone Swap

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Lolabear1  if you look around this forum you will see many examples of people having the valuation reduced once received by the company that handles them for sky. These are phones customers have said were in great condition. Take photos and video showing the condition of the phone before sending it. A call to sky often results in the original valuation being given. I normally sell my phones to one of the online services (I use the one named after a black and white bird) and have always been given the agreed valuation, normally more than sky offer too. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Lolabear1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lolabear1 This message was authored by: Lolabear1

Re: Iphone Swap

Great thank you for that!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion