Discussion topic: Hi, i have switched over from EE and cannot receive calls

This message was authored by JackDobs This message was authored by: JackDobs

Hi, i have switched over from EE and cannot receive calls

Hi, 

i have switched over from EE and kept my number however i cannot receive any calls! I had used the E sim option on the phone while i was waiting for the number to be switched across but now im stuck on not receiving calls. Any advice please?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Hi, i have switched over from EE and cannot receive calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Mobile doesn't support Esims so is there anyway you can reverse what you did ?

While you are waiting for the number to change across you should still be able to use your EE sim as this should keep working then when it stops at this point you can start using your Sky sim.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JackDobs
Topic Author

hi @caesarome, i set up the new phone last week and it transferred everything over along with EE on 'E-sim' while i have been waiting for my number to transfer over. I have checked my sky this morning and the number has changed to the number i have transferred however i have not received a text or notification to say this has been completed so this is maybe why?

I can text, call using the transferred number but cannot receive any calls. My EE sim now does not work. I have removed the esim from this phone now. I have full signal etc on Sky on the phone so not sure where it is falling down. 

@JackDobs wrote:

I have checked my sky this morning and the number has changed to the number i have transferred however i have not received a text or notification to say this has been completed so this is maybe why?

It could be that is in the process of being transferred so I would give it a few more hours or at least until the end of the day as you should receive a notification from Sky when this has been completed.

You might want to also check that the number is correct on your device itself:

If this is an iphone go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone.

If it is an Andriod phone go to About Phone > My Phone number, change it and reboot the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
JackDobs
Topic Author

I have checked the settings and the number is correct. As i mentioned I can call out on the new phone and text. The only thing i cannot do is receive calls. I tried calling from another cell but goes to EE voicemail... 

I guess it is still in process on being transferred as my EE device and sim are no longer working.

I would leave it until this time tomorrow to see if it corrects itself, the fact you haven't received a notification yet suggests that the number transfer might not have fully been completed just yet.

This message was authored by Kemiwatts This message was authored by: Kemiwatts

I also have this problem and it has been like it for 3 weeks, had a replacement sim aswell and it still doesn't work 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion