Discussion topic: Free sim

This message was authored by JoJobean1 This message was authored by: JoJobean1

Free sim

Hi team, 

I am already a sky customer with you and I would like another sim please, I only have one sim in my current mobile - and would like a free sim so my granddaughter can use my old iPad Air but just need a sim.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Free sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JoJobean1 

We are customers here who help each other so you are not talking to Sky.

You can order a sim from your Granddaughter here, the free 100mb might not appear if you already have got a sim:

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/plans.

Make sure the "keep my sim/number" box is not ticked if this appears so that you are sent another sim.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

all SIM's need a data plan.  You may me able to purchase the 100MB one which is 'free' for a limited period.  (There's no absolute 'free' SIM)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by BubblesPuff This message was authored by: BubblesPuff

I was "sold" a "free 100mb sim for life" in 2022 if I purchased a phone, which I did and which I have fully paid off. They are now adding a £1 for charge on all sims including for those of us with a "free for life" sim. The salesman repeatedly called it free for life and guaranteed the cost would never go up. The confirmation emails said £0 with duration "ongoing" (implying life or until I cancel the sim, which I won't be doing).

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@BubblesPuff wrote:

I was "sold" a "free 100mb sim for life" in 2022 if I purchased a phone, which I did and which I have fully paid off. They are now adding a £1 for charge on all sims including for those of us with a "free for life" sim. The salesman repeatedly called it free for life and guaranteed the cost would never go up. The confirmation emails said £0 with duration "ongoing" (implying life or until I cancel the sim, which I won't be doing).

Which is why I noted above that it's not guaranteed to be free forever.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion