Discussion topic: Finally a solution to wifi calling not working on Sky Mobile.

This message was authored by Hogshawrabbit This message was authored by: Hogshawrabbit

Re: Finally a solution to wifi calling not working on Sky Mobile.

As mentioned by others this is not correct. 

All our phones work just fine on any other network that offers WiFi calling and we have made sure all the settings are correct even the mobile config files. 

WiFi calling is being blocked based on the phones IEMI identifying it as non SKY supplied.

This message was authored by Hogshawrabbit This message was authored by: Hogshawrabbit

The blocking is based on the phones identification number IEMI 

The IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) is a 15 digit number that identifies a phone. It's also used to block your phone if it's stolen. 

This message was authored by Sodgey This message was authored by: Sodgey

Following the June 2024 google update, WIFI calling is now working on my Pixel 8.

This message was authored by DanBaiUK This message was authored by: DanBaiUK

Same for me my Pixel 8 Pro is working and my wifes Pixel 7 pro

This message was authored by Bartman11 This message was authored by: Bartman11

I have just returned the new Google 8A to Sky because it is not compatible with WiFi calling, they told me they are working on it but had no guarantee the issue would be fixed. 

This message was authored by wm65 This message was authored by: wm65

My phone is NOT Sky supplied, but WiFi calling works on Sky mobile SIM 😁

Before I bought my new Moto Edge 30 Neo private i.e not from Sky my previous Samsung A40 worked perfect on Sky Wifi calling, then I upgrade to a better newer phone that works on Wifi on every other network and not on SKY. This is because they are blocking me. My previous A40 was an import and this new Neo 30 is UK spec. I wounder if this is the problem a Uk spec ? 

Does anyone else have a non EU phone working on Wifi on SKY? 

I am now on ASDA but this is a retorical question. 

This message was authored by Bartman11 This message was authored by: Bartman11

Sky actually told me it's not supported on their sim cards.... Absolutely ridiculous.... Why are they supplying these phones then.?? 

Not supported on their SIM cards? Well. As my old Samsung A40 was working a treat, then I removed the working SIM and put it into my new MOTO EDGE NEO30 and no service on Wifi calling ?

Put in a ASDA SIM alls fine?

So the SIM prior to moving it to a phone with a UK IMEI all was just dandy. How does a SIM know what phone its in ? It does not. Their network knows what IEMI is using the SIm though !

Definitely works PERFECTLY on my phone (Moto g13). We've a terrible O2 signal at home, and WiFi calling on Sky is in use while in the house.  I have a dual SIM phone, but Lebara WiFi calling won't work, despite them insisting that it has been activated on their SIM.  The whole thing doesn't make sense - I really don't understand it 🙄

This message was authored by Redhead1 This message was authored by: Redhead1

My husband has Sky mobile Sim and brought his phone privately but wifi calling works, however the same model he has is sold by Sky. So if your phone model is sold by Sky, even if you didn't buy it from them, it appears wifi calling is enabled. But if you (like me) unwittingly bought a model that Sky does not sell then it appears there is no chance of wifi calling being enabled. This will be a huge problem when BT switches off landlines.

LEBARA is on Vodafone. If I remember correctly even with ASDA which is Voda it can take 1 week for the Wifi calling to become active. That's what ASDA said and for my mum that was the case.

See how you go after 7 days or have you already done this? Just a thought.

I've spoken to Lebara three times - the last time being a few days ago. The guy online was actually quite helpful, and told me the WiFi calling had been activated "some time ago".  Also offered to escalate it to Vodafone, but I'm not holding my breath 🤭. I like Sky, but the fact they don't include roaming was the thing tempting me to move. 

That's what I thought it might be. 😁

I agree if BT switches off Landlines and your only phone is a mobile then without WiFi calling your up the creek if the phone mast has a problem.

However, for WiFi calling to work you will need an active Internet service at home and WIFi so that you can use WiFi calling which is just another name for VOIP or voice over the Internet telephony via a mobile.

Now if you have Internet at home you can get a landline VOIP quite cheap if you just want to recieve calls and pay for the odd outgoing or get a full free calls plan. Mine with my new Broadband company BeFibre costs me £10 a month for unlimited calls over their VOIP service. So we now use both WIFI calling on the mobile and to retain our landline number use the VOIP service from BeFibre on the old DECT phones around the house. 

Here's the cheap VOIP service that will work with ANY Internet service.  https://www.voipfone.co.uk/login

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion