Discussion topic: Failed credit check

This message was authored by Nat381 This message was authored by: Nat381

Failed credit check

I failed a credit check for a phone this morning.  I think it's because I've just moved home and probably not on the electoral register.

Do I need to wait for a certain amount of time before reapplying? I've never been rejected before and have been a sky customer for 17 years. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Failed credit check

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nat381 
See this link for Skys guidance ~
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/credit-checks-sky-mobile
Be aware that if you keep trying to order the device this could further impact your credit score. If you contact Sky they would be able to confirm that’s the reason your order was cancelled but not why you failed the credit check in the first place as they are not allowed to view your credit record. You would have to sign up to a credit reference agency like Experian or Equifax, which would give you access to your credit record.

Any initial payment you’ve made should hopefully be refunded in about 14 days.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Cynon+prop1 This message was authored by: Cynon+prop1

Why did i fail a credit check this morning? I have an experian account so i checked it after my credit check failed and my score of 994 is rated excellent by them.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Cynon+prop1 wrote:

Why did i fail a credit check this morning? 

@Cynon+prop1 

As fellow customers we can't answer that and it's unlikely Sky can if you call them. If you contact them they would be able to confirm that’s the reason your order was cancelled but not why you failed the credit check in the first place as they are not allowed to view your credit record. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Cynon+prop1 That's not a question anyone here or at Sky can answer, you will have to check your credit file to see if there is any obvious reason.

It's worth noting that your credit score isn't the only reason for being accepted or refused credit, companies look more at the amount of open credit accounts on your file, if you have more than their set limit then credit will be refused regardless of whether you can afford it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion