Discussion topic: Extra Sim Card

This message was authored by BandQLen This message was authored by: BandQLen

Extra Sim Card

I already have a contract with Sky Mobile and I bank data every month. I have just got a new tablet and would like to put a SIM in it to access the net away from home.  Can I get just an extra SIM card from sky and use the data I bank ?  I will not be using the tablet to make/receive calls, just roaming and WhatsApp. TIA.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Hi, thanks for your reply. Would you know how much this w...

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The only way to get a new sim added to your account is to pick one that is the cheapest:

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/plans

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Extra Sim Card

Yes, you can add an additional SIM to your account and use the data you have in your piggybank.

However, there will be a monthly charge for the SIM (unless you have the 'free' 100Mb SIM option on your account when ordering).

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
BandQLen
Topic Author
This message was authored by BandQLen This message was authored by: BandQLen

Hi, thanks for your reply. Would you know how much this w...

Hi, thanks for your reply. Would you know how much this would be ? I don't want even the cheapest plan as I would still end up banking data.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Hi, thanks for your reply. Would you know how much this w...

The only way to get a new sim added to your account is to pick one that is the cheapest:

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/plans

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

The other way is to tether your tablet to your phone.

This message was authored by Doneast1 This message was authored by: Doneast1

I have a similar issue. I have a Sky account for my, and Wife's Mobile. I had a Spare Apple Phone that I was going to use as a back up. So, I bought the £6 for 3 Gb option SIM. 
I assumed the Sky SIM card that just came would have a new phone number...but I'm not sure.  Obviously on my account, I have my number, my wife has her number and I was hoping that my old IPhone would have a 3rd number.  Does anybody know. ?  I didn't really want to attach it to my existing number. 

@Doneast1 wrote:

I have a similar issue. I have a Sky account for my, and Wife's Mobile. I had a Spare Apple Phone that I was going to use as a back up. So, I bought the £6 for 3 Gb option SIM. 
I assumed the Sky SIM card that just came would have a new phone number...but I'm not sure.  Obviously on my account, I have my number, my wife has her number and I was hoping that my old IPhone would have a 3rd number.  Does anybody know. ?  I didn't really want to attach it to my existing number. 

Yes, a third SIM will have a new number.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion