Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Bluebirdfan This message was authored by: Bluebirdfan

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

Just Called Sky Mobile - the customer service advisor was not aware of the problem re duplicate texts as he had been away for a week.  He said the problem had been reported on 27th and  engineers were working to fix it but no idea when it would be fixed. Very disappointing and frustrated as I have the same text messages being delivered every 30 mins 24 hrs a day

This message was authored by GDMHants This message was authored by: GDMHants

Multiple receipts of same text message..

Hi, I keep receiving a text every hour that was sent to me last night. When I look at the details they all show the sent time of the original text. Anyone else having this problem ? TIA.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Multiple receipts of same text message..

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GDMHants wrote:

Anyone else having this problem ? TIA.

@GDMHants 

Yes, which is why your post has been moved to the topic at hand discussing this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by GDMHants This message was authored by: GDMHants

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed they sort it soon.

This message was authored by Peter-D This message was authored by: Peter-D

I have had the same text more than 10 times! The guy I replied to says that he received my texts x3. Something is seriously broke on this network.

This message was authored by Precious2 This message was authored by: Precious2

@cruse2 I agree!

Myself and my partner both on Sky...just called them and they said they know about the issue and have engineers working and should be fixed in the next 24 hours. I'm not going to hold my breath ... especially if it's been going on since April! But they are aware (Removed) it will get resolved hopefully. Call 150 free on mobiles people. Terrible service quite honestly.

Moderator note: Removed campaigning

This message was authored by JonathanP22 This message was authored by: JonathanP22

Receiving text messages multiple times

I have a Sky SIM and for the last couple of days I have been receiving text messages multiple times, first from one person, then two and now three. I have tried removing and replacing the SIM but this has had no effect.
This message was authored by SBTD152JT This message was authored by: SBTD152JT

Snap! To add injury to insult, if a contact sends me a message, I get the same message over and over and over, and don't get anything else apart from this 1 text. No issues on network noted when checked, so would appreciate if someone from Sky support can actually give us some guidance on what the actual problem is and how to sort it! Otherwise going to look at changing to another network 😫

Re: Receiving text messages multiple times

@JonathanP22 wrote:
I have tried removing and replacing the SIM but this has had no effect.

@JonathanP22 

Your post has been moved to the topic at handing in this ongoing issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Julie19651 This message was authored by: Julie19651

I keep getting repeat messages on 4 of my contacts. Same message every hour.

Cleared cache, restart, removed and replaced sim card.

Re: I keep getting repeat messages on 4 of my contacts. Same message every hour.

@Julie19651 

This is an ongoing issue as you are not the only one with this issue which is why your post has been moved to the topic at hand.

This message was authored by JaneD This message was authored by: JaneD

I'm having this issue too - can you tell me where the topic is now? Completed factory reset, put SIM in other handset and same thing happened. Wouldn't mind but the text I keep getting says "that's great" and it really isn't!

This message was authored by bex1211 This message was authored by: bex1211

i am getting the same text messages 30 to 40 times over several days and not receiving texts from others recently sent it's driving me nuts

This message was authored by Bluma This message was authored by: Bluma

I am expireincing the same issue.
I am currently chating with an agent on the sky chatbot, I hope to resolve the issue.

This message was authored by Bluma This message was authored by: Bluma

An agent of sky (called Sachin) just wrote me this;

i completely understand and i do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you , but as it is a known issue our engineering team is working on it to get it fixed soon as possible , so would request you to please wait and this will be fixed soon .

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion