Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Precious2 This message was authored by: Precious2

Re: Not receiving SMS messages

@Jojoba68 same here! Started yesterday lunchtime and have now received the same message 21 times. So frustrating! It appears every two hours....they are receivingy messages but I'm not getting anything back from them except this one message that is stuck. 

This message was authored by LennyXenon This message was authored by: LennyXenon

Re: Received duplicate text messages many times.

Yes same here. I can't receive incoming messages now for 2 days and the ones I get are duplicates. I'm south birmingham area.

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

Re: Received duplicate text messages many times.

I'm in.the north east so looking national 🙄

This message was authored by celt197 This message was authored by: celt197

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

Same problem from one person since yesterday, and when I phoned SKY this morning they claimed it must be the other sides carrier not SKY....so I'm frustrated to see so many other people are having the same issue.

This message was authored by Karl9123 This message was authored by: Karl9123

Multiple messages received

Hi yesterday I received a message from my brother at 5:32 pm and now the next day Saturday 29th June at nearly 20 past 9 pm I ve received the same message from my brother now 18 times now I thought It could of been Google messages so got a different messaging app and same issue so some sort of problem with the network this is only the latest and most annoying problem for the last couple of months I've been told any messages I send to someone they received 3 of the exact same message I sent to them I need a fix for this thanks
This message was authored by Quiggers This message was authored by: Quiggers

Receiving repeated texts for two days. Same message every 30 minutes.Have cleared cache & reboot.

Have had first msg on Friday but since it has repeated constantly every 30 minutes or so. Have cleared cache and switched off several times & rebooted. Driving me insane. What is causing this problem?

This message was authored by reach This message was authored by: reach

same issue here getting the same message 15 times, really a disgraceful network, but as the saying goes you getwhat you pay for, they should stick to TV Broadcasting waht they are good at.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Receiving repeated texts for two days. Same message every 30 minutes.Have cleared cache & re

I've been having the same thing and so have many others so I'm guessing it's a fault at Sky's end as it's not affecting O2 customers and Sky uses the O2 network 

This message was authored by Jojoba68 This message was authored by: Jojoba68

@Precious2 have received mutiple same messages through the night, phoned Sky,was told the engineers are working on it, they also sent me new configuration setttings......fingers X'd.

This message was authored by cruse2 This message was authored by: cruse2

I was giving Sky number   that I ring  to report.     It will not allow   it unfortunately!        everyone needs to  phone and report their issue

This message was authored by JamesRSky This message was authored by: JamesRSky

Re: Receiving repeated texts for two days. Same message every 30 minutes.Have cleared cache & re

I started having the same problem yesterday 29th June . Also landline not working, doesn't recognise my number. Ran diagnostic on Sky website and there appears to be a problem outside of the house so an Outreach engineer has been contacted.

Not sure if the 2 problems are connected, some people put the duplicate texts down to poor signal, not really convinced. However have been asked to sign back into my WiFi a number if times in last 10 days. Will update if I get sorted.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I don't think your broadband fault is connected and the SMS thing is definitely a fault given how many it's affecting 

Thank you, be interested to hear if you get sorted. Good luck 🤞 

Re: Multiple messages received

That's exactly my issue and has been for a while now 😞

This message was authored by Precious2 This message was authored by: Precious2

@Jojoba68 thanks for replying!

Still the same issue carrying on today so going to call Sky and try and get it sorted ....looks like a national problem from the Sky network. Not the first time it's happened but it's never gone on as long as this before!! 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion