Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jay133 This message was authored by: Jay133

Re: Repeating Texts Received

Me too. I've had it happening since Tuesday. Driving me a bit mad now. Had the same text message every hour since 9am. Mine aren't always getting through to the other person either. 

This message was authored by PostManPatsCat This message was authored by: PostManPatsCat

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This happended to me today with 2 text messages from 2 users on 2 different networks. I've had one message delivered to me 18 times today and the other message has been delivered 8 times. I've spoken to a Sky call centre operative and they are going to raise a case with Sky technical team.

This message was authored by Myla2 This message was authored by: Myla2

Received duplicate text messages many times.

Since yesterday i keep getting duplicate messages.did anyone have same issues?
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Received duplicate text messages many times.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Myla2 

I have moved your post to the topic at hand where as you can see you are not the only one with this issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by cruse2 This message was authored by: cruse2

I am shocked to see this  text issue has been going on since april!    I contacted Sky yesterdauy  after getting   repeat text every hour of   original sent to me in the morning.  every hour through the night it comes through again.    I get the person to send  me  fresh text and it comes through  identical words words to the original so we are not in contact by text  now which is a problem.       I have of course phoned Sky and had a long  conversation about whats happenning and   how I googled the issue and found this site so not a new issue..   everyone should   phone sky and complain till it's sorted out.

This message was authored by Kelly665 This message was authored by: Kelly665

Multiple messages

I really need help with my phone.

I keep receiving multiple messages from people. I have tried resetting cache on messages app but nothings working. 

Might have to return this phone and lose all my photos again 😭

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Multiple messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kelly665 wrote:

I really need help with my phone.

It may help if you mention what sort of phone it is...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Myla2 This message was authored by: Myla2

The problem is not your mobile its the sky network.i have same issues.i alreay talk to them about this.its already solving the problem.
This message was authored by cruse2 This message was authored by: cruse2

I have  sim  in a basic    call/text phone  and am getting  repeating texts every hour from one text  received early yesterday.  have  phoned sky to report it.       I don't think it's your phone. you need to  ring sky!

This message was authored by Jojoba68 This message was authored by: Jojoba68

Re: Not receiving SMS messages

I have had the same text from my daughter and partner 15 times and counting since yesterday morning, have switched it off, restarted it....still the same...very frustrating.

This message was authored by Hels11 This message was authored by: Hels11

Re: Received duplicate text messages many times.

Yes this has been happening to since Thursday from just one number. Every half hour throughout the night then every hour. If the person try’s to text me something new i just get the old message.
Had spent hours trying to resolve and it wasn’t till today that SKY said there is an issue. Said it probably won’t get sorted till Monday.

I have had so many issues with SKY mobile since joining the cost benefit, sadly, does not warrant me staying with them anymore.

This message was authored by halton This message was authored by: halton

Receiving same text message multiple times!

Yesterday my wife sent me a text. Since then I have received the same message through 24 times, but haven't received any other texts she has sent to me.
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Receiving same text message multiple times!

Ahhh I've getting this... I thought it was my mates phone but it looks like it was a Sky/O2 network issue as it was happening every hour but it's now stopped
This message was authored by Jp7070 This message was authored by: Jp7070

Same issue getting 2 text from Friday over and over every hour or so 

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

Yes, I'm getting same text repeatedly every hour, had 18 now 😔 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion