Discussion topic: Does my Sky mobile contract work in Spain

This message was authored by Wolves12 This message was authored by: Wolves12

Does my Sky mobile contract work in Spain

Alert Mobile contract novice...

I have a standard Sky mobile contract, unlimted calls, text etc.

Do I need to adjust, do anything to ensure this works when I go abroad to spain?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Dr.SkyHigh This message was authored by: Dr.SkyHigh Answer

Re: Does my Sky mobile contract work in Spain

Yes you can use your sky sim in Spain. You'll just have to set up a spend cap via the app or if not you can try calling Sky. So the roaming is £2 per 24 hours. So let's say you're in Spain for 7 days so you'll have to keep your spend cap at £14 or just to be safe at £16(for good luck) and still you'll be able to use the same services you did in the UK but in Spain. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wolves12  Roaming in the EU is £2 every 24 hours and is triggered automatically if you have roaming set to on.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Dr.SkyHigh This message was authored by: Dr.SkyHigh Answer

Yes you can use your sky sim in Spain. You'll just have to set up a spend cap via the app or if not you can try calling Sky. So the roaming is £2 per 24 hours. So let's say you're in Spain for 7 days so you'll have to keep your spend cap at £14 or just to be safe at £16(for good luck) and still you'll be able to use the same services you did in the UK but in Spain. 

This message was authored by Ollos123 This message was authored by: Ollos123

Posted by a Sky employee

@Dr.SkyHigh Just to be clear you don't have to have a spend cap set, but if you do, as you state it would have to be high enough to cover the daily Roaming Passport Charges and any additional out-of-bundle spend.

If you have no spend cap in place it'll work just as well.

This message was authored by Dr.SkyHigh This message was authored by: Dr.SkyHigh

True as well but recommended a spend cap to obviously avoid a bill shock.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion