Discussion topic: Cancellation

This message was authored by Abdullah21 This message was authored by: Abdullah21

Cancellation

Hi. I ordered a new phone and had to pay an upfront fee. My order got cancelled. I am unsure on to why my order has been retracted and cancelled, and I have also not been refunded for the upfront payment I had paid.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Cancellation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Abdullah21 
It’s possible you may have failed the required credit check(s). For a sim only deal there is a soft credit check. For a device as well Sky do carry out a second, more thorough check. Also, emails confirming or cancelling the order sometimes arrive out of sequence. See this link for Skys guidance ~
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/credit-checks-sky-mobile
Be aware that if you keep trying to order the device this could further impact your credit score. If you contact Sky they would be able to confirm that’s the reason your order was cancelled but not why you failed the credit check in the first place as they are not allowed to view your credit record. You would have to sign up to a credit reference agency like Experian or Equifax, which would give you access to your credit record.

Any initial payment you’ve made should hopefully be refunded after about 14 days.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion