Discussion topic: Address issue to buy a device

This message was authored by chandubhusan This message was authored by: chandubhusan

Address issue to buy a device

Hi, 

I'm a PhD student. I have recently started my course and my course duration is 4 years. I need to buy a new phone (which can give me minimum 5 years of updates) as my current phone is out of software updates and most of my work require latest software to run important Apps. I tried to buy a phone with a monthly contract. But unfortunately, I can't buy as most service provider needs my 3 years of resident address. Since, I am an international student and recently moved in the UK, I don't have a previous address. 

If anyone know the solution of my issue, Please suggest me something. It would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Address issue to buy a device

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is going to be no easy answer to you for this I'm afraid as Sky could well be the same regarding your address, all you could try is to phone Sky tomorrow to see if they can help but you might find they can not.

Under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

If they can't you only option would be to purchase a phone yourself outright and then get a pay monthly sim from somewhere like Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion