Discussion topic: 120 for a call I didn’t make to Tunisia!

This message was authored by Lynchris This message was authored by: Lynchris

120 for a call I didn’t make to Tunisia!

Being charged 120 for a call supposedly from my mobile to Tunisia for over an hour!  Despite phoning Sky many many times virtually told it's their word against mine!  My bill is always 7 a month!  They offered to meet me half way and pay 70 towards it.  Politely refused!!  Cancelled DD and now will be faced with debt collection agency!  I'm 77 on state pension and do not have any spare money, hence cheep mobile deal,  Sky even phoned the Tunisian number.  Rang once and cut off.  Got action fraud involved now

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: 120 for a call I didn’t make to Tunisia!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lynchris wrote:

Cancelled DD and now will be faced with debt collection agency!  

@Lynchris 

As has been mentioned on the forum boards many times cancelling your direct debit will cause you additional problems. You have now breached your T's and C's. You'll be charged late payment fees on top of your outstanding bill and as you already mention, Sky will involve a Debt Collection company to recover what you owe them which will impact your credit score. The best advise we can give is for you to reinstate your payment method as soon as possible.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Lynchris
Topic Author

Was advised by action fraud to cancel DD as well as bank.  

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Lynchris  I'm afraid @Daniel0210 has given the only advice we can give in this situation

why action fraud and your bank suggested you breach a contract I have no idea 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lynchris 

Poor advice in my opinion. All Action Fraud do is record your issue and probably provide you with a reference number. They don't investigate anything, they just collate information/intelligence. If worthy of investigation they would pass it to the most suitable UK police force. That police force are under no obligation to take it any further. In this case there is no 'suspect' to be investigated. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

First I would reinstate the DD to ensure you don't have problems sorting out the problem.

Does the phone log outgoing calls & is there a call to Tunisia? 
Does anyone else have access to the phone who may have made the call?

Is there a chance the phone pocket dialled the number? It would be unusual if a complete stranger in Tunisia didn't hang up the call when they realised there wasn't anyone there. As the call lasted 60+ minutes it does suggest the call wasn't an accidental mis-dial, unless it was to an automated number which kept the line open for the 60 minutes.

Virginia.
I don’t work for Sky.
Lynchris
Topic Author

advised to cancel DD as there were insufficient funds in my bank,  I'm a widowed 77 year old on state pension.  Nobody has access to my phone which is face recognition.  Phone is kept in handbag in a hard double leather case.   Sky phoned Tunisian number and it evidently rung once and then nothing.  They've offered to pay half but I fail to see why I should pay 70 which I haven't got for a call I didn't make.  

@Lynchris 

Whilst appreciating your predicament, as already stated cancelling your direct debit is the worst thing you could have done. There's nothing else we as fellow customers can suggest that will help you getting this resolved. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by AlanTav This message was authored by: AlanTav

I have been charged £200 for a call to Tunisia I did not make.  There is no record of the call on my mobile phone yet it appears on the Sky account.  Despite hours of explanation to approximately 10 different Sky personnel (each time having to verify the account and laboriously explain the problem) this has not been resolved.  Somehow this Tunisian scammer is getting access to Sky mobile phone numbers and making remote calls.  Very depressing to be continuously disbelieved.  

This message was authored by Sarah2510 This message was authored by: Sarah2510

I also had an outgoing call to Tunisia that I didn't make. The call cost was £99.40. I have phoned sky twice now & explained...I don't know anyone in Tunisia...I definitely did not make the call...& How has this happened...  I was  made to feel like I was trying to decieve them, saying I never made the call. At one point I was close to tears, with the frustration of trying to convince them, it wasn't myself who made the call, I live alone so it wasn't another household member & I never let my phone out of my sight. I'm still not convinced I was believed .I've asked for something to be put on my account, stateing I will never phone Tunisia or anywhere overseas, if a call is made, it will not be me, & I don't want to be charged for any calls, that are made because it will not be me, the person who has the sky account.. I never got a direct answer to this, I feel like my request was brushed over. The only advise I got was to change my mobile phone number..I explained I've had this number for many years, & it's not practical for me to change it..so all in all, I'm back to square one, not knowing how this has happened & getting nowhere with SKY.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion