Discussion topic: having problems with sky go on windows 11

This message was authored by kingjim81 This message was authored by: kingjim81

Re: having problems with sky go on windows 11

I spent an hour on the phone to Sky, trying all kinds of different things. Including most of the ideas on here, deleting all the app and data > restarting your device > re-installing and so on, to no avail. 

But alas, I finally solved the error : PFE 9001

I reset my router.

MR+l+fewings
Topic Author
This message was authored by MR+l+fewings This message was authored by: MR+l+fewings

I have fix it now 

This message was authored by CharlieQ This message was authored by: CharlieQ

The Sky Go app sometimes opens and says checking for updates and then shuts down. I've tried running as an administrator. I downloaded the Revo software and removed all previous files etc of the Sky Go app and reinstalled and it still shuts down. No error message. I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 on this device.

This message was authored by SallyBob This message was authored by: SallyBob

I am getting the same issue. Tried unistalling, restarting, updating and messing with compatability settings and nothing works. So frustrating! This app seems to be so inconsistent.  The 'updates' just cause issues. 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there CharlieQ and SallyBob, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Golden+Pear This message was authored by: Golden+Pear

Why have only these two people been invited to speak to the tech team. Many people including myself have had this same problem for the last 9 months. 
It is about time Sky did something about this and upgraded the app properly 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us CharlieQ. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂  

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

I didn't get any notification of a chat, not sure how that works.

To be honest I'd just be keen to be informed when Sky have updated the latest version of Sky Go so that it works on a windows laptop. Thanks 

The SkyGo app is still crashing every time I open it on my Windows laptop. Has been 2 weeks!

i have tried restarting, deleting, uninstalling, tried running it through different windows versions and it continues to crash. 

No solution has been communicated

No contact has been made by Sky

No update to the app works

Please can this be fixed as it a big part of my sky package for me! 

This message was authored by Golden+Pear This message was authored by: Golden+Pear

And they won't reply or repair. I have had problems on both my laptop and pc since last November and still waiting for someone to give advice that actually helps 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi SallyBob

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Ellesmere49 This message was authored by: Ellesmere49

I have a new surface pro x which uses windows 11.  I can't get SkyGO to work on it! I see this is a common problem just hoping someone has worked this out by now

This message was authored by Chewy+Louie This message was authored by: Chewy+Louie

Try this, it worked for me :-

I used Revo Uninstaller free to fully remove Sky Go & then installed the latest version. This worked. The tool will run the default uninstaller then you should scan for leftover files/folders & clean/delete what it finds.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
I think it is important to remove all previous traces of SkyGo and download the SkyGo App from a reliable source.
Good luck !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion