Discussion topic: SkyGo Spawn error on windows 10

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Sky Go App SPAWN EPERM

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We have not received a response to our chat invite in 48 hours, hence we are closing this session now. If you still need help, please get back to us, so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by GillOs8 This message was authored by: GillOs8

Re: SkyGo Spawn error on windows 10

I haven't seen a response to reply to & the issue is the same. Can someone help please

Acky47
Topic Author
This message was authored by Acky47 This message was authored by: Acky47

How am I supposed to know there is a chat bubble waiting when there is no update notification provided?

This is a joke. So many people cant make it work and yet nothing is published on how to resolve it? Why is that and why bother having another chat when surely Sky have resolved this with at least one of the people offered a 'chat'?

It seems Sky do not want to resolve it and we are just going around in circles

This message was authored by SallyBob This message was authored by: SallyBob

So after months of waiting, forum messages and phone calls to Sky, nothing has been resolved! I still can't get Sky Go on my pc laptop and no one can provide any form of a solution. Called Sky again today and they just suggested re-downloading the app. Please help!!

This message was authored by Sam-R This message was authored by: Sam-R

I wondered if anyone that has this issue could try to run Sky Go as admin to see if the app runs? If you feel comfortable doing so.

I don't feel qualified to tell you exactly how to do that but I believe it may be in the right-click menu on Windows. And probably several other ways as well. 

Sam
Community Manager

Tried running it as admin and still didn't work. Iv had this same error message for months now 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SallyBob 

Does temporarily disabling your anti virus program allow the app to work or do you see the same error ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Yup tried that, and still got the same error message 

This message was authored by Glennabc123 This message was authored by: Glennabc123

How has this not be resloved

Acky47
Topic Author

Clearly Sky don't want it fixed!

This message was authored by Rachel_N This message was authored by: Rachel_N

Hi,

I am getting an error message saying 'CONNECTING TO YOUR APPLICATION/spawn UNKNOWN'. 

Can someone please revert on a solution ASAP.

Rgds,

RN

Acky47
Topic Author

This is now over 1 year old and no progress whatsoever.

@Skywhat are you doing about this?

This message was authored by Rachel_N This message was authored by: Rachel_N

All,

@Greenfingers001@Addie15@Sam-R - can someone get in contact with me urgently?

It seems you are charging customers (me & a lot of others) for a service that is not working. 

Rgds,

RN

This message was authored by LesTaylor This message was authored by: LesTaylor

Just tried to use Sky Go on ou windows 10 PC last night and got this Spawn UNKNOWN error now... looking at this thread, it doesn't feel me with confidence that we will get to the bottom of the issue any time soon.

I've tried uninstalling Sky Go, and then doing a fresh download / install - but the same issue remains.

The window shows the Sky Go app "downloading update" then just stops and shows the spawn UNKNOWN message.

Come on Sky, this has got to be a problem you know  about, with some customers struggling for months with this issue. Simply not good enough.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion