Discussion topic: Sky go is not compatible with sky stream

This message was authored by Hackensack_gent This message was authored by: Hackensack_gent

Sky go is not compatible with sky stream

Hi. 

I've got skyv steam and have downloaded the sky go app. I have noticed that sky go will not let me add things to my stream playlist or play things from the playlist.

It would be amazing if sky could create a new app that allows this functionality. Sky go works great if you have sky Q or sky+ hd. Sky stream should have an app that has full functionality too. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky go is not compatible with sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hackensack_gent wrote:

Sky go works great if you have sky Q or sky+ hd. Sky stream should have an app that has full functionality too. 

Historically the current Go app started life as the Q app, so that interaction isn't surprising.  Some Sky+ users are unhappy that Go doesn't have some functionality which the dedicated Sky+ app used to deliver.

It's important to recognise that Glass/Stream is an entirely new system based on a Comcast platform though, while Go dates from when Sky was an independent satellite television company: it's unclear what place Go has as a product going forward.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion