Discussion topic: SKY REMOTE RECORD FROM IPHONE WHEN CHANNEL NOT LISTED ON SKY GO

This message was authored by Nol1 This message was authored by: Nol1

SKY REMOTE RECORD FROM IPHONE WHEN CHANNEL NOT LISTED ON SKY GO

Since Sky abandoned the app and made everyone use SKY GO,  the service is inferior as you can't.record remotely one of the many channels that are not on SKY GO like CNN. Why is this? Sky have gone backwards as the prices have gone up. Is there a fix tor this Sky? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

Re: SKY REMOTE RECORD FROM IPHONE WHEN CHANNEL NOT LISTED ON SKY GO

At the top of Sky Go, do you not have the options "Watch on Phone" and "Record to Sky box"?

Record to box lists all channels, including CNN as shown below, and allows recordings to be set.

Screenshot_2024-07-16-16-51-43-78_c4b685404f4783a2c1a05b9cde62ba23.jpg

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As the channels are not on the TV Guide then pretty much all you can do is to try using the search for the program you want to remote record or use the online TV Guide if you don't want to use Sky Go:

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Nol1
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply, but using the tv guide with that link it just comes up "error" when you try to record. Nowhere near the service they should be providing with all the competiton for subscribers. Sky should have had an equal, if not better service, for customers to go to for remote record when they shut down the app. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It might say error when you try to set a recording but you might find it has actually been scheduled on your box as I just tried it and although it did say error the recording did appear on my box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Nol1
Topic Author

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it several times and it hasn't worked. Basically as I said, Sky have gone backwards and are providing an inferior service from the one they had before when recording remotely. Sky Go has limited channels and is not fit for purpose and yet the subscriptions keep rising. Looks like it's time to move to another provider and there are plenty out there. 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

At the top of Sky Go, do you not have the options "Watch on Phone" and "Record to Sky box"?

Record to box lists all channels, including CNN as shown below, and allows recordings to be set.

Screenshot_2024-07-16-16-51-43-78_c4b685404f4783a2c1a05b9cde62ba23.jpg

Nol1
Topic Author

YES! That works! Thank you for sharing that information. Hugely grateful. I wish someone at Sky had told me that on the many occasions I have called them.!

Many thanks. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion