Discussion topic: Sky Go App stuck on loading

This message was authored by benjbois This message was authored by: benjbois

Sky Go App stuck on loading

My Sky Go App has been stuck on the loading page on my Mac for months now. No picture is showing apart from the middle loading image going round in circles.

I have deleted and reinstalled all things to do with Sky but everytime I reinstall Sky Go, the problem arises again. 

I have tried contacting Sky but they have been no help. I am using a MacBook Pro Monterey Version 12.5.

Can anybody help?

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Sky Go App stuck on loading

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Johnnybsan This message was authored by: Johnnybsan

Same issue with wondows ten, very frustrated with this, windows is fully updated and it goes to load screen and then disappears.

This message was authored by NMG4 This message was authored by: NMG4

It's a farce at this stage. nothing done in over 12 months. 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Johnnybsan, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Johnnybsan This message was authored by: Johnnybsan

Unfortuanately it won't let me reply to pms.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Benjbois. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂  

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

I got the app working yesterday FINALLY. The Cisco or Videoguard files didn't show up on a file search. Found files on my Lenovo laptop Win10 on. Username/appdata/locallow/cisco/videoguard/SKY_GB-SKY_QGO. I deleted that file, it was huge, over 150GB. Once i deleted that file Skygo loaded and recreated the file but now functioning properly. I hope this helps someone with same issue. I only deleted the file SKY_GB-SKY_QGO.... it had a two year old date before deleted then reappeared after loading sky go with yesterdays date..

This message was authored by lotto2022 This message was authored by: lotto2022

Same issue for me on Mac Book Air,  Monterey 12.6. Worked on 28 December, then yesterday and today just won't load. Nothing updated or changed on MacOS between 28th and now. Have deleted and reloaded Sky Go several times. Just won't load after asking for my login details. Login details still working on sky.com website. 

Might be uquivalent file for mac to one i deleted. Hopefully you get it working. 

will start searching

thanks @Johnnybsan but nothing similar found

This message was authored by emd123 This message was authored by: emd123

I am also having this problem having redownloaded the app and installer multiple times. 

The screen has been loading for over 12 months now, lol

has anyone found a solution for this on Mac?

This message was authored by Nabzz This message was authored by: Nabzz

I have had the exact same issue my sky go just keeps loading and loading on the home screeen and nothing ever comes up. anyone figured how to fix this frustrating issue? Thanks

This message was authored by Boylec325 This message was authored by: Boylec325

This has happened to me in the last 2 weeks.

I have tried everything i can find to fix it including deleting cache data, re-install etc. etc.

Somebody please help as i use this most days.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion