Discussion topic: No sound on Sky Go (Apple TV)

This message was authored by ScaramangasNipple This message was authored by: ScaramangasNipple

No sound on Sky Go (Apple TV)

Hi,

I'm running Sky Go on a 1st Gen Apple TV 4K and I cannot get sound working.

All other apps (including Sky News) work fine.

I have tried changing audio format (Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format) and have fiddled with every possible setting (including connecting to various Airplay speakers) but nothing has resolved this. 

Most other apps display an audio icon in the playback controls but I note that this is not there when viewing content in Sky Go. I have tried multiple movies / tv shows in the app and none will output any sound.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: No sound on Sky Go (Apple TV)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi ScaramangasNipple

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by iandillynot This message was authored by: iandillynot

I'm also experiencing this problem - no sound. I wonder whether it is specifically an Airplay issue? After the weekend I'll test whether I can plug a cable from my Apple TV into my Sonos sound bar gen 2 and get sound and update on here.

SkyGo blocks Airplay from Mac/mobile to other screens.

ScaramangasNipple
Topic Author
This message was authored by ScaramangasNipple This message was authored by: ScaramangasNipple

Yes, I have since discovered that the app does not output sound over Airplay, just hdmi.

This is largely useless for many folk who rely on wireless speakers (I'm running my Apple TV through a projector, so this renders the app useless for me).

Quite baffling really considering that the Sky News app (and all the major streaming apps) support audio over Airplay. 

This message was authored by SeveOB This message was authored by: SeveOB

I'm trying to play sky go from my mac book pro via hdmi cable to tv

the sound only playing on MacBook and not on tv

this is a new tv, a smart tv.

it previously worked fine on my old regular HD tv

Please help get it to work 

This message was authored by Bc888 This message was authored by: Bc888

This is another restriction that sky have put in place to restrict users for getting to use what theh pay for. 

Huge fee's for tv. 

In return an app with no casting, unskipable adverts (on a service you have already paid for) and now not allowing you to use a HDMI to cast it on the tv as audio will only play through through laptop. It will even restrict you from listening to audio on bluetooth earphones whilst HDMI is plugged in. 

Laughable service. 

@SeveOB 

This message was authored by RomanP This message was authored by: RomanP

This is really frustrating. I have just upgraded my subscription to get Sky Go working on AppleTV and as a result I can watch TV without a sound. What a service for additional £12 a month. 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion