Discussion topic: Error 9903

This message was authored by Alexfavell This message was authored by: Alexfavell

Error 9903

I have error pfe 9903 showing on my Mac book 

Moderator note: subject of thread updated

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The 9903 error means there is something running in the background that could be used to grab images, videos or pictures of Sky Go content, so close down any programs that are running and hopefully Sky Go should then work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark+PFE9903 This message was authored by: Mark+PFE9903

Re: Error 9903

Good eveing

No matter what i do i get the error message PFE9903. This has only just appeared as i watch sky on my Mac last night without issue. I am not IT savvy and am not aware of anything running in the background but not sure how to check and delete;disable it anyway. I spend alot of time away from homw and like to be able to watch sky when i can. Please can anyone help? If so please keep it simple for e, Thanks 

This message was authored by MASEEE This message was authored by: MASEEE

Same here unfortuanately... I've even uninstalled my screenshot software which hasn't solved the problem.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is a list of possible programs that could cause this error here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/error-code-pfe-9903

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Richsul171 This message was authored by: Richsul171

pfe 9903 - IH error

I had exactly this problem. Sky Go has worked fine for the longest time, and suddenly Sky Go was not allowing viewing because I was running video grab software, even though I'd ended all other programs., so I couldn't understand what the problem was.

I discovered that the offending program was Snipping Tool (even though I wasnt using it, but it was in the background). Once I'd ended Snipping Tool the video streamed fine.

This message was authored by nessmaron This message was authored by: nessmaron

I had the same problem on my windows laptop - I used task manager to close down anything I thought might be triggering it; first time it didn't seem to help but the second time I used end task on WhatsApp and Snipping Tool it seemed to fix the problem. 

This message was authored by Carnoch04 This message was authored by: Carnoch04

@nessmaron wrote:

I had the same problem on my windows laptop - I used task manager to close down anything I thought might be triggering it; first time it didn't seem to help but the second time I used end task on WhatsApp and Snipping Tool it seemed to fix the problem. 

@nessmaron Thank you! This isue was driving me crazy. Snipping tool was the problem, cheers!

This message was authored by tomashurst This message was authored by: tomashurst

Re: pfe 9903 - IH error

you absolute Hero, thank you

This message was authored by GJPri This message was authored by: GJPri

Same here for me. Closed down Snippingtool.exe in Task Manager and now all ok.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion