Discussion topic: Error 0-01 Sky Go

This message was authored by callahans This message was authored by: callahans

Error 0-01 Sky Go

Hi Everyone,

So I purchased Sky Stream, Full Fibre Broadband yesterday and just waiting for the Sky Pucks to arrive at some stage hopefully tomorrow if they are dispatched today. I was told I was able to watch SkyGo on my phone, Tablet, Laptop etc with the SkyGO app however I constantly get an error saying "there has been a problem connecting to SkyGo Network Error 0-01" I've called sky and one agent who clearly new nothing told me to wait till my Sky Full Fibre was active...this has nothing to do with the TV side of things where as having a subscription does so after hanging up and speaking to 2 other agents and 1 failed call back later I finally got someone who sounded like he knew what he was talking about however he was just as lost as me. I had SkyQ years ago and I know before it was installed I could use SkyGo. I cancelled after my contract and went to Virgin for 2 years and now I'm coming back so has this policy now changed? I've logged in on my devices with my friends ID to see if its my devices but works perfectly and when I log onto his the same error comes up. 

Could it be I have to now wait for the boxes to go live? Seems a bit strange if it is as the order shows the services are live and boxes just need activating. I've seen other threads with the same issue but no one seems to have any answers. I'm using the correct ID and I have even tried the free channels like  ITV etc still no joy. 

Best Answers
callahans
Topic Author
This message was authored by callahans This message was authored by: callahans Answer

Re: Error 0-01 Sky Go

It's now working..soon as I got an email to say my Pucks are being sent I checked SkyGo and now fully working as expected. Happy day. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@callahans 

You can access all Sky Go content while you are awating your TV service to go live so have you created a new acccount to login to the app with so that you are not used your old ID as that will have been closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
callahans
Topic Author

I am logged in using the new account, so I don't know what's happened but if I ever get it sorted I will be sure to update the thread. 

If you want @callahans we can arrange via here to have Sky's messaging team via here to contact you about this tomorrow morning, when they do make contact you have 48 hours to reply so they can get into your account to look into the issue for you so would you like them to be alerted to your post here about this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
callahans
Topic Author

Yes sure 

@callahans 

I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow morning regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear tomorrow you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

callahans
Topic Author
This message was authored by callahans This message was authored by: callahans Answer

It's now working..soon as I got an email to say my Pucks are being sent I checked SkyGo and now fully working as expected. Happy day. 

@callahans 

Thanks for letting us know !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion