Discussion topic: Apple TV - We couldnt log you in - Verify Email Address

This message was authored by ian27uk This message was authored by: ian27uk

Apple TV - We couldnt log you in - Verify Email Address

I'm a new sky customer, trying to setup sky go on my apple tv but getting a prompt with a QR code telling me to go to https://skyidapp.sky.com/servicesignup/service/skygo (which doesnt work).

The error states: We couldnt log you in. The email address you're using has not been verified. Please visit the link below to finish setting up your account and then try again.

Now, i've already verified my email address. To confirm i installed sky go on my mac and it worked straight away.

Any clues please?! There are a few posts on here but none have a solution....its very frustrating.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Apple TV - We couldnt log you in - Verify Email Address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ian27uk 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to ian27uk.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to ian27uk, To use Sky Go on Apple TV box, customers need to have either Sky Go Extra or Multiscreen/Whole home 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Umiamz This message was authored by: Umiamz

@Lisa-P1987 wrote:

Update - Spoken to ian27uk, To use Sky Go on Apple TV box, customers need to have either Sky Go Extra or Multiscreen/Whole home 🙂

I don't think that's quite right. I have Sky Go Extra but it still says that I need Multiscreen or Whole Home to watch on Apple TV.

This message was authored by BKW52 This message was authored by: BKW52

Is there any more news on this. I have a multiroom sky stream account and I'm still getting this message on my Apple TV.

This message was authored by Davet82 This message was authored by: Davet82

same issue, link won't work with q code, very annoying

This message was authored by dgriff This message was authored by: dgriff

I have the same problem, I have Sky Multiroom confirmed on the phone today, tried logging off the devices I am using for Sky Go and reinstalling app on Apple TV (latest version) and I am still having the same problem . I am scanning the OCR code but that just takes me to my Sky A/c on my phone where I can sign in. I wonder whether Sky actually do support this platform .

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion