Discussion topic: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

This message was authored by Swat+2 This message was authored by: Swat+2

I find the Sky Go application on my iPad and iPhone totally useless. It does not list BBC

The Sky Go application does not list BBC . This makes it useless!

The only way to resolve this issue is to scroll down 800 pages and then filter through entertainment.

Totally frustrating especially when Sky+ was such a great application listing all channels but is no longer supported 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: I find the Sky Go application on my iPad and iPhone totally useless. It does not list BBC

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Swat+2 wrote:

The Sky Go application does not list BBC . This makes it useless!

The only way to resolve this issue is to scroll down 800 pages and then filter through entertainment.

Totally frustrating especially when Sky+ was such a great application listing all channels but is no longer supported 

@Swat+2 I have moved your post into a larger thread regarding this

To record the BBC channels BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD are found at channels 801 and 802 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by AJH This message was authored by: AJH

Re: I find the Sky Go application on my iPad and iPhone totally useless. It does not list BBC

@Laing1 , if you have your mobile device on the same WiFi as your SKY box then 101 & 102 show BBC1 HD & BBC2 HD respectively and you can then record to SKY box. At least in my experience.

Of course it would be better if your device can be on any WiFi or on a Cellular network and still have this capability.

This message was authored by Qawsed This message was authored by: Qawsed

Unfortunately not in my case - Sky Q Box & iPad/iPhone are on same Wi-Fi & B1/2 on 801/2 not 101/2 on SkyGo App & then only when press the Record tab first. I have messaged Sky directly about this & on my third explanation the response was 

’m sorry to hear that your previous experience with us was unsatisfactory and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

I would like to inform you that I will take this has a feedback and make sure to pass it on to our backend team to give the best service to our customers. However, there is no set timescale as to when this will be resolved. I'm not holding my breathe but perhaps if others do same it's priority will increase. Thank you

@AJH wrote:

@Laing1 , if you have your mobile device on the same WiFi as your SKY box then 101 & 102 show BBC1 HD & BBC2 HD respectively and you can then record to SKY box. At least in my experience.

Of course it would be better if your device can be on any WiFi or on a Cellular network and still have this capability.

@AJH yes I know all of that and you need to have multroom/screen to allow Sky go to connect to your box as when Sky Go connects to your box it works as an addition screen but as @Swat+2 posted about scolling down 800 pages then they are obviously having not on their own home network 

This message was authored by audray This message was authored by: audray

Re: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

As of today mine seem to be working ok with one and two Hd top of the list 

swainsy
Topic Author
This message was authored by swainsy This message was authored by: swainsy

@audray yes mine too. It looks like they have fixed it.

However, ITV1, C4 and C5 are still the SD versions from 103-105. - they really should be the HD versions.

This message was authored by AJH This message was authored by: AJH

Indeed, I just checked by turning off my WiFi and using Cellular and I can see BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD on 101 & 102 respectively!

Regarding the 103-105 channels. I thought these were already HD?

swainsy
Topic Author

I don't have multi-screen and 103-105 are still SD. 

This message was authored by Andrew+Brill This message was authored by: Andrew+Brill

Sky Go APP Now all BBC CHANNELS are now in HD. BBC 1 HD are from 952-966 covers all areas.

BBC 2 HD Channels are 968-969

Andrew Brill
swainsy
Topic Author

@Andrew+Brill that was never in question - this thread is just about channels 101-105 being the HD versions of those channels (for those without multi-screen), where they should be HD.

As of this morning, it looks like they have fixed 101 & 102 being the HD feeds of BBC One and Two respectively, which is great, now they need to do the same with channels 103-105.

swainsy
Topic Author

correction: this thread is just about channels 101-105 being the SD versions of those channels (for those without multi-screen), where they should be HD.

This message was authored by Qawsed This message was authored by: Qawsed

Unfortunately not on my Sky go App - I just checked...

@swainsy wrote:

correction: this thread is just about channels 101-105 being the SD versions of those channels (for those without multi-screen), where they should be HD.

@swainsy When you started the thread and titled it you titled it "All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go"

and your first post is only refering to the BBC channels so to be correct as Sky have now fixed the BBC problem then your initial question has been answered and the problem you posted in the title and first post has now been sorted 

It may be an idea to start another thread with relation to the other SD channels 

swainsy
Topic Author

@Laing1 you're right! I will start another thread.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion