Discussion topic: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

This message was authored by aceofhearts This message was authored by: aceofhearts

Re: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

@Dorian49 Thank you. If I do the traditional on/off trick they sometimes come back to 101/102. So they are still there. SKY PLEASE SORT OUT THIS MESS FOR ALL LOYAL SUBSCRIBERS. ITS REALLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

This message was authored by AJH This message was authored by: AJH

As someone previously mentioned, this is Sky Community.

If you write to apps@sky.uk and raise a support ticket then someone at SKY should respond.

I did this, and I am now in communication with Sky support. 

Be very clear on what you write though, the reply I got didn't address the actual question posed.

Sky Employees may look at this thread, but they don't have to nor do they have to respond or act (as far as I can see).

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

@AJH  I did as you suggested a couple of days ago and contacted Sky. 

Not sure were any further forward, but if more people contact them they may speed the fix up a bit! 
This is their response:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email regarding the BBC Channels.

I apologised for the inconvenience caused.

I am sorry to inform you that, there is an ongoing issue with BBC programme listings and our support teams are working to get the issue fixed.

I would like to inform you that, please click on the below link to check for the BBC listings.

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20240125/4101-1

If you require any further assistance, you can reply to my email or you can also contact our Customer Service Team on 03442 ............ between 9am - 9pm.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry.

Kind regards
Deeksha

Sky Help Centre
http://www.sky.com

This message was authored by aceofhearts This message was authored by: aceofhearts

Hello Sky,
Re: BBC Channels not found or intermittent or whatever
I am a longtime subscriber. I have noticed along with many others in the Sky Community;
1. Intermittent loss of BBC channels on 101/102 (and CNN, possibly others but I have not undertaken a systematic search) on iPad and sometimes on iPhone, BUT NOT ALWAYS ON BOTH DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME.
2. If BBC channels do come up there is occ a notice stating "PROGRAMS NO LONGER AVAILABLE"
3. EVEN WHEN THIS NOTICE APPEARS the "SWITCH ON/OFF" trick  SOMETIMES RESTORES PROGRAMS TO 101/102.
4. I’ve just tried and it worked but it does so only intermittently.

It's not the Sky Box (obv) as that always shows the "missing" channels. Its not my iPad which is fully functional. Its not my new iPhone. Its not wifi as I can use all devices (including this one) without problems.
Why does switch off/on work sometimes but not always?
Could you please explain the above phenomena?

There are many questions about this problem on the Sky Community (here) so it seems impolite of Sky - to say the least - not to respond or give a rational explantion or better, solve the problem. OR if it's not solvable then SAY SO!
Please can someone from Sky respond? Fix the problem please. Or do we notify CISAS, the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme? Is a class action to reclaim subs will be possible via the Sky Community?
Thank you.

This message was authored by audray This message was authored by: audray

I got this same reply looks like a standard reply not really addressing the issue 

This message was authored by skydisplaypaul This message was authored by: skydisplaypaul

Re: BBC Channels no longer listed on Sky Go or Sky TV Guide

Now 28th Jan and BBC still not showing on Sky Go TV Guide - has any progress been made please?

This message was authored by skydisplaypaul This message was authored by: skydisplaypaul

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - February 2024

I have checked - I don't have anything at 801 or 802 to view on IPhone although I can record on Sky Box - I may be old fashioned as well as old in years but would like to be able to view what is still a popular channel In Britain (the only region I can use Sky Go for heavens sake) in its easiest position to access as channel 101 now that it should be available as a slot by removing the SD BBC Chanell - how hard can it be? It shows in Sky Box as 101 - this is directed only at Sky Employees to refer onwards and is not me shooting messengers who I thank for their help in providing the info on what should be temporary solutions...

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@skydisplaypaul wrote:

Now 28th Jan and BBC still not showing on Sky Go TV Guide - has any progress been made please?

@skydisplaypaul .

To set recordings to these channels you need to make sure the "Record to Sky box" option is selected at the top of the guide then they can be seen at 801 and 802.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome, @skydisplaypaul In addition you must be on the same WiFi network.

If your network connection is by Cellular, or you are on a different WiFi network, then BBC1 and BBC2 are not visible on 101 / 102 respectively. 

@AJH wrote:

@caesarome, @skydisplaypaul In addition you must be on the same WiFi network.

You don't need to be on the same network to set recordings (as per my post) but must be to watch the channels.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

@caesarome Well, from my experience 101 and 102 show "...programmes no longer available" if I am on my 2nd WiFi network, or if I am on cellular, so I cannot set recordings using 101 or 102 in those cases.

To set recording you need to go to 801 and 802.

Not if you are on the same WiFi network.

But a point I neglected to include  is, you have to have Multi-Screen (apparently) for that.

@AJH wrote:

But a point I neglected to include  is, you have to have Multi-Screen (apparently) for that.

To watch the channels when on the same network so connected to a Sky Q box then yes you do need multiscreen but not to set remote recordings for any channel you don't.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@aceofhearts wrote:

Or do we notify CISAS, the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme?

CISAS addresses individual customer complaints which remain open and unresolved eight weeks after having been formally raised with a Communications Provider (not posted about in a forum) and those which have otherwise reached deadlock notified by letter from the CP.

Is a class action to reclaim subs will be possible via the Sky Community?

Perhaps note one of the Community Rules is "Don't incite complaints, campaign or lobby"

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion