Discussion topic: 001 error message on sky go

This message was authored by Adamrose1992 This message was authored by: Adamrose1992

001 error message on sky go

Hi,

Just got a new laptop, and continuiously get the 001 error message when i use sky go. 

I have tried the advice which has previously been posted on here and but I have still had zero success, can someone please help me 

Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by DAGW92 This message was authored by: DAGW92 Answer

Re: 001 error message on sky go

A follow up having spoken to Apple's Senior Support, they found me a proper fix.

For anyone still seeing this issue - please try the following:

1, From your desktop, select Go from the top toolbar

2, Press and hold the Option key on your keyboard **This is really important - it allows you to access folders on your Mac's Hard Drive rather than your user folder**

3, Select Library

4, Open the Application Support folder

5, Find the Sky Go folder

6, Move everything IN the Sky Go folder to your trash. **Don't take the enclosing folder, just its contents** - anecdotally, incase it helps somone identify the contents, the first folder/file in this folder for me is called "blob_storage" and the last is "WebStorage"

7, No need to empty your trash bin, just restart your Mac

When you next open Sky Go you should be given the option to select cookies and then log in.

Other advice I've found suggests searching for ~/Library folders - it may be a setting on my Mac or an update, but this opens up the Library folder within my user account, not the Hard Drive.

Hope this save someone months of frustration.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is difficult to jelp when we can't be sure what you have tried so far ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Adamrose1992
Topic Author
This message was authored by Adamrose1992 This message was authored by: Adamrose1992

I have tried restarting my mac, doing an update, deleting sky go and reinstalling it, also I saw on a different post about deleting all files which could be hidden in the computer so I have tried that to. 

Still zero success 

This message was authored by DAGW92 This message was authored by: DAGW92

Hi @Adamrose1992 

I've posted this elsewhere but hope iot can help you out. It'd be interesting to know whether you used the migration assistant to transfer your Apple ID accross? I certainly did, and I have a feeling that's causing the issue.

Note: I have SkyGo saved in the main global Apps folder, rather than in my individual account's Apps folder.

I created a test account on my M2 MacBook, *WITHOUT* using my Apple ID as part of the setup, opened SkyGo on the test account. It let me log in, and has worked without a hitch. It's not an ideal situation to have to switch user accounts on the Mac, but at least  I know I can watch shows when I travel.

Worth a shot at least!

This message was authored by DAGW92 This message was authored by: DAGW92 Answer

A follow up having spoken to Apple's Senior Support, they found me a proper fix.

For anyone still seeing this issue - please try the following:

1, From your desktop, select Go from the top toolbar

2, Press and hold the Option key on your keyboard **This is really important - it allows you to access folders on your Mac's Hard Drive rather than your user folder**

3, Select Library

4, Open the Application Support folder

5, Find the Sky Go folder

6, Move everything IN the Sky Go folder to your trash. **Don't take the enclosing folder, just its contents** - anecdotally, incase it helps somone identify the contents, the first folder/file in this folder for me is called "blob_storage" and the last is "WebStorage"

7, No need to empty your trash bin, just restart your Mac

When you next open Sky Go you should be given the option to select cookies and then log in.

Other advice I've found suggests searching for ~/Library folders - it may be a setting on my Mac or an update, but this opens up the Library folder within my user account, not the Hard Drive.

Hope this save someone months of frustration.

This message was authored by laurie+atterbury This message was authored by: laurie+atterbury

@DAGW92, your post re Sky Go error message 001  worked a treat, thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion