Discussion topic: SkyGlass Awful

This message was authored by MarkyMamil This message was authored by: MarkyMamil

SkyGlass Awful

Where do I start.

1. Unless you watch ITV HD live it will take you to ITVHUB and you can only watch your playlisted program in SD and can't skip through the adverts.

2. Loads of programs missing on TV Guideespecially Channels 4 and 5.

3. No shopping channels

4. When you add anything to your playlist and have watched it and select remove they still show and stay there. Goodness knows what it will be like in a month or two. Hundreds of tiles no longer in use filling up the screen.

Recieved Tuesday- Cancelled Friday

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by sammyh98 This message was authored by: sammyh98

Re: SkyGlass Awful

@MarkyMamil What I did notice when you go into Playlist All is that the top row of tiles, Play Now, has nothing to do with what you've got in Playlist

It is the rows below, such as TV Shows, Movies that are the items you have added to your Playlist. You can only remove these items, not things on the Play Now bar.

Play Now seems to be just a list of things you've viewed, and should be titled as such, or put elsewhere in the UI. I wasted so much time yesterday getting frustrated about why I couldn't delete things from Playlist, but was actually trying to do it from Play Now... 🙄

This message was authored by Satele This message was authored by: Satele

@MarkyMamil 

"1. Unless you watch ITV HD live it will take you to ITVHUB and you can only watch your playlisted program in SD and can't skip through the adverts.

2. Loads of programs missing on TV Guideespecially Channels 4 and 5.

3. No shopping channels

4. When you add anything to your playlist and have watched it and select remove they still show and stay there. Goodness knows what it will be like in a month or two. Hundreds of tiles no longer in use filling up the screen."

1. Big deal. Who is buying Sky Glass to mostly watch terrestrial TV? Folk do know they can get these channels for free without a subscription yes?

2. Not true - no programmes missing on my TV guide.

3. Sky Glass is 'awful' because there are no shopping channels? Not even worth a response.

4. This just doesn't happen. Everything I have removed from the playlist is removed and stays removed.

Totally bizarre some of the stuff I'm reading on here.

This message was authored by CliffyCliff This message was authored by: CliffyCliff

@Satele Just bec uase you have not experienced some of these issues does not mean they do not exist. Not only that every one has doiffeent viewing tastes and requirements, who are you to question these?

I do not own Sky Glass and will not as honestly teh TV is sub par and for the money there are much better out there, the service would interest me but i will not buy a tv to get something that could and should be available in app form only

@CliffyCliff Who am I? Oh, I don't know - just an actual customer of Sky Glass with the product sitting in front of me. Therefore, I'm quite qualified to comment on it's functionality and performance. Unlike you, who admittedly doesn't own or have any experience of the product.

It's a simple fact that some of these issues do not exist - if they are happening on other people's sets, it's clearly user error or a faulty item in which case, as with all technology, there is a support channel available.

For people to claim that these issues are present and make the product 'awful' is entirely misleading and I'm countering that with my experience.

This message was authored by CliffyCliff This message was authored by: CliffyCliff

@Satele   No you are dismissing others users experiences because they do not match yours. There is to much being reported on the issues with Sky Glass for it to be simple user error and if it is all down to faulty devices then Sky have a serious QA issue. My comments about the TV being rubbish are not about user comments but about the specs being sub par, other users comments just reitterate this

@CliffyCliff The specs are absolutely not subpar for the price. In fact, there's nothing better on the market in terms of specs for the price point. So that is factually incorrect.

The forum is always a place where folk vent more negative experiences than positive ones. Another simple fact. It is also a simple fact that there has been a load of misinformation about everything from the setup process to the functionality of apps and that can't go unchallenged.

If folk want to moan about how the playlist works differently from the local storage based recording on Q, that's one thing but to misrepresent the product is just wrong.

MarkyMamil
Topic Author
This message was authored by MarkyMamil This message was authored by: MarkyMamil

Your point one. Why would anyone pay a subscrition to watch SD TV i.e. why pay Sky then pay another broadcaster to watch on Sky Platform?

Your Point 2: Happy to provide a photo of missing programs on TV Guide.

Your point three. Skyglass is awful ecause of all the issues not just the shopping channels. This is one of many issues which makes Skyglass awaful in my opinion.

Your point 4: happy to send a photo of completed programs no longer on playlist which are still showing.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Satele wrote:

@CliffyCliff Who am I? Oh, I don't know - just an actual customer of Sky Glass with the product sitting in front of me. Therefore, I'm quite qualified to comment on it's functionality and performance. Unlike you, who admittedly doesn't own or have any experience of the product.

It's a simple fact that some of these issues do not exist - if they are happening on other people's sets, it's clearly user error or a faulty item in which case, as with all technology, there is a support channel available.

For people to claim that these issues are present and make the product 'awful' is entirely misleading and I'm countering that with my experience.

Can you post a picture of your TV guide from 6pm tonight showing bbc1,2,itv,c4,c5

You say you have no gaps where the news should be whereas others say there is a gap, so it would be helpful to see yours.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Satele wrote:

@MarkyMamil 

1. Big deal. Who is buying Sky Glass to mostly watch terrestrial TV? Folk do know they can get these channels for free without a subscription yes?

2. Not true - no programmes missing on my TV guide.

3. Sky Glass is 'awful' because there are no shopping channels? Not even worth a response.

4. This just doesn't happen. Everything I have removed from the playlist is removed and stays removed.

Totally bizarre some of the stuff I'm reading on here.

1. Idiotic statement, just because you don't watch these channels doesn't mean nobody else does. This was perhaps the major reason I cancelled my order as Sky conveniently forgot to mention this aspect of Glass. They spent far to much time crowing about the superb UI experience (which has proven to be a joke) and how brilliant UHD with Atmos sound was only to throw HD+(at best) and stereo sound at us for some services.

2. Apparently it is true even if it's 'only' news programmes.

3. Not something I would ever watch, but again, it doesn't mean nobody else does. The do seem popular.

4. That's not what others are saying but I've not personally tried it.

Totally bizarre that people don't accept that other people have different needs and requirements.

MarkyMamil
Topic Author

Photos of missing programs Channel 5 at 5pm and ITV at 13:30 also Hollington Drive and All Creatures Great and small which we have watched and are no longer selected for playlist still showing in Playlist.

MarkyMamil_0-1634894555413.jpeg

MarkyMamil_1-1634894577719.jpeg

MarkyMamil_2-1634894601068.jpeg

MarkyMamil_3-1634894619431.jpeg

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@MarkyMamil wrote:

Photos of missing programs Channel 5 at 5pm and ITV at 13:30 also Hollington Drive and All Creatures Great and small which we have watched and are no longer selected for playlist still showing in Playlist.

MarkyMamil_0-1634894555413.jpeg

MarkyMamil_1-1634894577719.jpeg

MarkyMamil_2-1634894601068.jpeg

MarkyMamil_3-1634894619431.jpeg

Yes, but that's on terrestial channels that nobody watches apparently. I've no idea what's missing there but I'd guess it's stuff that won't be on catch-up?

@Satele  - There are plenty of TV's out there with better Specs if you know hwta you are looking at

perhaps you can yell me the details of Sky Glass with regards to the below

Reports are it is not teh brightess of TV's reducing teh HDR quality and viewing of teh screen in bright rooms. Could you tell me what the Nits are please?

HDMI 2.1 sockets on the TV, can you confirm the presense on 120Hz

Does it support VRR and ALLM

How many Dimming zones are there

Where is support for Alexa, Homekit or Google

Does Glass support WiFi 5 or 6

Is DLNA built in so i can at least access my local media?

All of these features can be found of comparable priced TV's so maybe you would like to explain if they are present on Glass

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

Can you post a picture of your TV guide from 6pm tonight showing bbc1,2,itv,c4,c5

Hopefully it should look like this even on Sky Glass!

FBACA152-3CB7-493F-ADCE-23575DF1E0F9.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion