Discussion topic: Puck problems

This message was authored by Hicksy99 This message was authored by: Hicksy99

Puck problems

The wife is already moaning about Sky Glass. Well the Glass itself is working fine so far but I have the puck for the main TV in the living room which is the problem.  Picture drop outs being one of the main issues. I don't think we should be powering off and on the puck several times to get it working. 

Anybody else experiencing the same problems?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by fhssteel This message was authored by: fhssteel

Re: Puck problems

Hi, I just had a conversation with Sky and they say this is a known issue that they are putting a lot of work into resolving. I am having black screen dropouts too, sometimes for a second or sometimes much longer.

I'm relieved to be honest that it's an issue they know about, rather than my setup/network/equipment, and obviously have to keep working on until resolved or the platform just won't work.

I'm prepared to be patient as an early adopter of new technology I think we have to be, there's no doubt in my mind after their investment in this technology Sky will make this work.

Hicksy99
Topic Author

Nice one. That said you'd think they would've tested it properly before launch! Here's hoping

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Had the same issues since tuesday.  Especially on sport, which is basically unwatchable.  Glad to hear it's being worked on.  I'm refusing to ring sky again after waiting so long for an issue to be looked at the other day, just gonna wait and hope they all get ironed out.

This message was authored by jasensteve This message was authored by: jasensteve

My puck crashes whilst watching Netflix 

Hicksy99
Topic Author

I can't even link Netflix!

This message was authored by nogimmix This message was authored by: nogimmix

My puck goes into it seems a deep sleep which requires taking the power cable out and then back in.

Also,  some of the programmes are jerky or lock up when playing live or from catch up, even Succession was a nightmare last night that I couldn't watch it.

I'll be giving Sky a few weeks to either rectify some of these issues or even communicate to us that they are aware.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nogimmix wrote:

My puck goes into it seems a deep sleep which requires taking the power cable out and then back in.

Also,  some of the programmes are jerky or lock up when playing live or from catch up, even Succession was a nightmare last night that I couldn't watch it.

I'll be giving Sky a few weeks to either rectify some of these issues or even communicate to us that they are aware.

What setting do you have for the puck?  Under setings - start up and standby I have overnoigh power saving set to on, ou could try setting it to off.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nogimmix This message was authored by: nogimmix

@GD1 

The settings I have are:

Network Standby Mode - Off

Overnight power saving - On

Sleep Timer - Off

HDMI Control - Off

I have also noticed that if I am not watching anything on the Puck but either on my internal TVs apps or my PS5, after I while my soundbar disconnects and the sound reverts to the TV. It looks like something happens with the Puck as soon as I press the puck's power button, the sound reverts back to the soundbar.

This message was authored by SueTatt This message was authored by: SueTatt

Got Sky Glass today and my Puck keeps skipping back a few seconds and replaying quite a few times, it's like Groundhog Day. I hope they sort it soon or I'm going back to Sky Q

Hicksy99
Topic Author

I'd be shocked if there aren't going to be several updates pushed out soon. It's as though sky haven't even bothered testing 😂

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@SueTatt wrote:

Got Sky Glass today and my Puck keeps skipping back a few seconds and replaying quite a few times, it's like Groundhog Day. I hope they sort it soon or I'm going back to Sky Q

Try rebooting the Puck or forcing a software update (Sky Glass FAQ)

This message was authored by jasensteve This message was authored by: jasensteve

Aswell as the Netflix issue which causes the puck to crash out whilst watching 4K it also changes its picture resolution back to HD from UHD and changes the sound output from DD+ to DD . It seems very unstable. Carried out a system reset but still having the same problems

This message was authored by loontor This message was authored by: loontor

OK so after a good 3 days of usage the pro and cons running on Sky Broadband Superfast 4.2 router on its way.

Cons

• Picture goes black for 30 seconds every 5-10min
  • UHD just goes black or freezes and then starts from where it left off in a loop
  • Picture goes into fasy forward or slo mo for no reason intermitantly 
  • Remote switches on the TV but not the Puck, have to switch that on via the power button on the base
  • New Sky UI prone to freeze 
  • Does not act as a Wifi repeater/booster like the Sky Mini Boxes

Pros

• Much better picture than a Sky Mini Box even in HD
  • Minmalist look and feel to the whole hardware setup

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@loontor Try resetting your Sky Stream Pucks remote then pairing it again

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion