Discussion topic: Cancelled

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Cancelled

Just called Sky and cancelled my Glass order. 

Want to gauge who else has changed their mind so started this thread. 

I was going to cancel anyway and get an OLED instead, but thought I'd give a Glass a go.  However the playlist/record function is just another negative for me, it's tipped it over the edge and I don't want the hassle of even trying it. Really

gutted with Sky, they could have made this a great product with a solid UI from day 1, but instead they rushed out a glitchy product with technology from 2019. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

Re: Cancelled

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Sky and cancelled my Glass order. 

Want to gauge who else has changed their mind so started this thread. 

I was going to cancel anyway and get an OLED instead, but thought I'd give a Glass a go.  However the playlist/record function is just another negative for me, it's tipped it over the edge and I don't want the hassle of even trying it. Really

gutted with Sky, they could have made this a great product with a solid UI from day 1, but instead they rushed out a glitchy product with technology from 2019. 

I think plenty of people will be with you in all honesty. 

You won't look back with an OLED and a Sky Q box.

This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

I'm going to stay for a little while to test it fully....  I've got positive experiences and bad (which are detailed elsewhere).  The big issue for me in cancelling - is having to put all the stuff back!! The TV stand has been removed (and I was about to sell), the TV is in the bedroom and I've taken down all the surround sound speakers (which I was also going to sell).  Not to mention the time and money in putting a wall mount up and having to rearrange the lounge! Do I keep hold of all this kit for a week - just in case?!

I'm going to give it a fair shot (but I will put Sky on notice that I'm dissatified with certain aspects) - but I think Sky will have a lot to make up for if I cancel!

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...
Topic Author

Sadly you can add me to the list, the Playlist is so, so disappointing.

This message was authored by W1ngnuts This message was authored by: W1ngnuts

Add me in. Cancelled today before delivery due to all the issues I've seen raised. Wonder what the percentage of cancellations or returns to orders is running at ?

This message was authored by Urban+Splash This message was authored by: Urban+Splash

I've cancelled also. Forcing content into third party apps is a no for me. Absolute dealbreaker. 

This message was authored by d1234c This message was authored by: d1234c

I've just cancelled too. 

This message was authored by Andy+C+C This message was authored by: Andy+C+C

Thinking of cancelling myself now that I've watched the YouTube reviews. ;(

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing these returned units up for sale? Next week maybe?

I mean what will Sky do with all these returns? Is there a warehouse already full of returned open box Glass TVs? 

That's Sky's Black Friday deals sorted - a 'reconditioned' (aka returned because it's rubbish) Glass TV for £100! (+ £59 for the fabric facia) 😁

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

I've tried to cancel by text. After an hour they decided I couldn't. I've to call the help line. 

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@redsky88 wrote:

I've tried to cancel by text. After an hour they decided I couldn't. I've to call the help line. 

Nothing new there though. 

Easiest thing in the world to sign up or add additional services. Try to cancel though and you feel like you're on trial being cross examined. 

Topic Author

@d2h wrote:

@redsky88 wrote:

Nothing new there though. 

Easiest thing in the world to sign up or add additional services. Try to cancel though and you feel like you're on trial being cross examined. 

True.

Has anyone reported on whether you can remove the add-ons for Glass yourself or does it still need a call?

This message was authored by jacksm77 This message was authored by: jacksm77

I think Glass only really make sense for people like me who cannot get Sky Q

If you have Sky Q and a half decent TV, this product probably isn't for you.

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

Quick update. Got it cancelled with a call pretty quickly. Might have to refuse delivery which I think a few people have had. They basically reverse the Q cancellation and as you can't have two services it cancels Glass when the other is active. 

Disappointed but I don't think it's for me given it's limitations. I didn't research it enough although I do think Sky left a lot pretty ambiguous prior to launch. 

This message was authored by SJH4 This message was authored by: SJH4

We are in the same situation, I'll persevere with it but also telling Sky about my issues with it 

55” Glass TV Puck Whole Home

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion