Discussion topic: sound sync issues and tv now 10 mins behind real time tv

This message was authored by lexiethesaint This message was authored by: lexiethesaint

sound sync issues and tv now 10 mins behind real time tv

so just got sky feel like it was abad move, sound out of sync and cant fix, now mt tv is 10 minutes behind real time, what is going on feel like cancelling my subscription before im tied in

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: sound sync issues and tv now 10 mins behind real time tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lexiethesaint  I'd be very surprised it's 10 minutes behind other broadcasts. if thats the case there is something amiss her4e, is your broadband speed fast enough?   Do the programs buffer a lot?

Have you tried a power restart on your TV?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

lexiethesaint
Topic Author
This message was authored by lexiethesaint This message was authored by: lexiethesaint

yes just got sky its a disaster , football running 10 mins behind other tv in house, and we cannot fix sound sync issues,if i cant getvit sorted straightback to virgin within my cooling off period

lexiethesaint
Topic Author

89mbspeed

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Did you select from start 10 mins after the start of the programme?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lexiethesaint are youbsaying the picture is 10 minutes in front of the sound?

Streaming is delayed behind say Freeview by roughly 30 seconds for both picture and sound. Sky are largely sorting that for their sports channels with a new low latency version but you will still see it with other broadcasters channels. Something that is noticeable with UEFA matches on BBC and ITV. 

You can also get lip sync issues where sound is a few milliseconds out. However sound be out by 10 minutes is a unique fault. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion