Discussion topic: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fothergill1 wrote:

That's good news for you  @lettice After reading your post I have just checked my system but unfortunately nothing has changed yet.

Might be something getting done in customer phase groups perhaps.

Did you try a restart? it sure seemsto have woken my household up shortly after I did that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09

@GD1 wrote:

@Claireabell29 wrote:

Restart did work.  Where is the communication from sky? 

Post 2 of this thread is the last update.  It will  no doubt be updated with the resolution

Yep. To be fair... it wasn't actually the 2nd posted message but when the answer or acknowledgement does come somewhere during a thread it gets 'pinned ' to the 2nd post position for easy viewing. Always something worth remembering for other threads in case you enter the thread on the last page.

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by 82bit This message was authored by: 82bit

Sky's streaming TV service has become a joke at this point. Sad really, as we're all paying good money for this. 

~-~-~-~-~-~
Sky Glass 65” with Sky Live
Sky Glass 43” with Sky Live
Sky Stream Puck + Sky Soundbox
Sky Stream Puck x3

BT FTTP:
↓920Mbps
↑110Mbps
~-~-~-~-~-~
This message was authored by Ajvincent This message was authored by: Ajvincent

Working now. Pulled plug out of back of plug counted to 10 put back in and waited for lights to stop flashing, then turned back on. Checked ITV1 HD channel and it worked. 

Would like to know from SKY what the problem was and how it was fixed.

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Ajvincent wrote:

Working now. Pulled plug out of back of plug counted to 10 put back in and waited for lights to stop flashing, then turned back on. Checked ITV1 HD channel and it worked. 

Would like to know from SKY what the problem was and how it was fixed.

You're unlikley to get that level of info from Sky in a public forum.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Sal-E This message was authored by: Sal-E

BBC1 stopped working on Sky Glass

BBC1 worked this morning but not when I turned on the TV after work. BBC2 and ITV etc all work. At first I got a banner across the top saying I needed to upgrade but I already have UHD. I can use BBCi to access BBC1 but not live. Cannot find anything on the FAQs and cannot get through on the help line. Any suggestions? 

This message was authored by BeeQueen1 This message was authored by: BeeQueen1

Sky puck not streaming ITVx despite rebooting...also saying subscription needed to view this channel

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: BBC1 stopped working on Sky Glass

@Sal-E  Please see post marked as Answer (post 2) within this thread.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Rupsy This message was authored by: Rupsy

Sky international channels not working

Channel 709, 714, 716, 720 not working??? 

This message was authored by galahad71 This message was authored by: galahad71

Hi

Just turned my sky stream back on after a couple of hours and still the same, so I went into settings and restarted the device. Everything is working especially ITV now...

This message was authored by MikeHK This message was authored by: MikeHK

Hi. After watching the ITV news at 7.30pm the screen went black with the upgrade prompt prior to Emmerdale starting, reboots and resets didn't work on our sky glass, however the TV running off a puck upstairs is OK ITV is working. We ended up watching Emmerdale via ITVX..... what's going on Sky?

This message was authored by madgamer1996 This message was authored by: madgamer1996

Sky stream now working 

Turn off device then hold power button on box for a minute. Turn device back on whilst still holding button on puck.hold the button till led lights start flashing red and yellow. puck is now in a recovery mode. Device will update, then follow instructions on device. Had to register the puck to my account again. 

Did get stuck on pin screen but after talking to technical it's a case of turning puck off and on again till you can enter you pin

This message was authored by Rupsy This message was authored by: Rupsy

Thank you so much! All back,!

This message was authored by Sal-E This message was authored by: Sal-E

Re: BBC1 stopped working on Sky Glass

@GD1 Despite looking extensively I cannot find answer number 2. I expected it to be on page 1 but instead I found later answers there. So I am still no better off... 

This message was authored by Jo19822 This message was authored by: Jo19822

Can't watch ITV1

I've been trying to watch ITV1 tonight and it's missing and a few over channels

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion