Discussion topic: error code 73 on the Disney plus app on sky glass.

This message was authored by SusieVm This message was authored by: SusieVm

error code 73 on the Disney plus app on sky glass.

Over the last two days I have had error code 73 on the Disney plus app on sky glass. 
I have refreshed all apps, factory reset on sky glass and reset sky broadband hub and nothing is resolving the issue. 
Disney+ is purchased direct with Disney and works on other devises iPad/iPhone. 
many one had any similar issues and how did you fix it ? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: error code 73 on the Disney plus app on sky glass.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SusieVm Disney error code 73 is related to the region you are connecting from see https://help.disneyplus.com/en-GB/article/disneyplus-error-73  it is usually seen where people use a VPN to connect but given you say other devices are connecting presumably on the same network it is very odd.

There have been reports of this issue affecting some customers where the public IP4 address assigned by their ISP is still registered to another country - some Sky broadband customers got some old Italian addresses a few months back which caused similar issues but that seems sorted.

If still stuck contact Disney+ support intially.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Klh89 This message was authored by: Klh89

I'm having this same issue but Disney is working on other devices. Have you resolved it? 

SusieVm
Topic Author
This message was authored by SusieVm This message was authored by: SusieVm

Hi no it hasn't been resolved I still get the error 

very frustrating , Disney have said that sky needs to call them but sky have said to call Disney!!! 
I can log on using other devices just not sky glass 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@SusieVm 

Have you recently changed your Disney account details or had a different account logged into glass ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Ldt83 This message was authored by: Ldt83

I am getting it today, has the problem with yours resolved yet? 

This message was authored by Ldt83 This message was authored by: Ldt83

@@I have managed to sort mine, I turned off the power to my sky glass, I then turned the power off to my router, I left it a minute or so. Turned the router back on and waited for it to be Internet ready, the turned the power back on to the glass. Disney now works.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Ldt83 Great news that rebooting your system worked and you are now able to access Disney + (my favourite App).

As a general rule if you detect any issues the reboot of your Glass or Stream puck is the first thing to try.  It sorts out minor software glitches and it is surprising how often it resolves issues.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by BernerMom This message was authored by: BernerMom

I am experiencing this exact problem but resetting the router or rebooting sky glass has not resolved anything, it is occuring on all three sky pucks also but can login perfectly fine on multiple other devices on the same network.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@BernerMom wrote:

I am experiencing this exact problem but resetting the router or rebooting sky glass has not resolved anything, it is occuring on all three sky pucks also but can login perfectly fine on multiple other devices on the same network.

Are you getting error 83 or 73 ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion