Discussion topic: UHD on Sky Glass

This message was authored by Doonie This message was authored by: Doonie

UHD on Sky Glass

Hi Sky World! 
We've had Sky glass for a year now & all that time we have never watched the UHD channels as they are so pale in colour. We have tried  changing the controls but it upsets the whole tv pictures. Anyone else had this problem?

Doonie

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: UHD on Sky Glass

@Doonie wrote:

Hi Sky World! 
We've had Sky glass for a year now & all that time we have never watched the UHD channels as they are so pale in colour. We have tried  changing the controls but it upsets the whole tv pictures. Anyone else had this problem?

Doonie

The only channels which stream live in UHD are sports channels and these often have HDR (High Dynamic Range) which Sky Glass isn't particularly good at due to the lack of peak brightness. In order to get the best possible image quality from such content, Sky recommend using the 'Vivid' picture setting. This will push the brightness and contrast to its limit and give you as high a dynamic range as possible. 

If you are paying for the UHD/Atmos add-on but not watching any content in those formats then you're probably wise to cancel it. 

Doonie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Doonie This message was authored by: Doonie

Mr Dalek,

Thanks for that, I'm not home for a few days but will try it as soon as, brilliant.

Regards

Doonie

This message was authored by Danb5 This message was authored by: Danb5

Id recommend changing to custom settings, backlight 80 HDR/DV bright, local dimming off saturation 60.

local dimming in HdR sucks in my opinion or at least for my tv, it looks washed. Here's 2 pics

IMG_1973.jpeg

 local dimming off

IMG_1974.jpeg

 local dimming on

if you have Disney + try mandalorian. It looks good now that I've disabled local dimming

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

What do you have your contrast set to with local dimming off? 

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

@Danb5 Contrast question 😀

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion