Discussion topic: Tubi

This message was authored by UnhappyMike This message was authored by: UnhappyMike

Tubi

Will Sky Glass be adding the new Tubi app?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Tubi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@UnhappyMike wrote:

As customers like you we have no inside knowledge regarding any future apps.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@UnhappyMike wrote:

Seeing as it's owned by Rupert Murdoch's Fox network, I think it's unlikely. 
It's really not very good anyway. A graveyard for lots of very old, very bad movies in very bad quality. 
(Removed)

Moderator note: Removed off topic points

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I didn't really understand the media coverage when Tubi was announced earlier this week. Unless they plan to add new shows after the current soft launch for the UK market it generally looks like the worst streaming service I've seen. Most of their original shows have dreadful reviews and any of the decent older films are typically available on the bigger streaming platforms that I'm sure a lot of people already have access to.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MarkGoldsmith 

Also, to a UK audience the service name looks/sounds like 'Tubby', which probably isn't ideal...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith 

Also, to a UK audience the service name looks/sounds like 'Tubby', which probably isn't ideal...

If it was a streaming service dedicated to the Teletubbies it might get more viewers.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@UnhappyMike If you have a backup streaming device it's already probably available on that😉

You should contact Sky and recommend inclusion on Sky Stream devices🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

I didn't really understand the media coverage when Tubi was announced earlier this week. Unless they plan to add new shows after the current soft launch for the UK market it generally looks like the worst streaming service I've seen. Most of their original shows have dreadful reviews and any of the decent older films are typically available on the bigger streaming platforms that I'm sure a lot of people already have access to.

I agree, it seems pretty pointless bringing it to the UK.

The US version is a bit better and has a host of live FAST channels as well as a fairly decent catalogue of old shows. It actually has all the classic Doctor Who on there. 

This message was authored by WelshPaul This message was authored by: WelshPaul

Tubi is great, been watching it for a couple of years now. The UK app isn't as good as the US app, but it is good none the less.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion