Discussion topic: TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

Re: TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

I'm using the D+ app on my LG G2 and have UHD and Atmos, have to say the PQ is superb. For some reason I never got Atmos on TNT Ultimate through Sky Stream.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

It works fine if I use it on my Mac and my iPhone using discovery plus website on my Mac or the app on the iPhone. Sky exec has confirmed there is an issue using their system

Sorry don't have Sky exec on quick dial but do have other devices that it works on just as well apart from my LG tv get alot of freezing and buffering but do get the HDR popup for TNT Sports Ultimate @Super+Anthony 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Still doesn't work on Q. It's a known issue. Just spoken to Sky exec and they have raised it with a team as they are having several complaints

I have now tried it, both on my Mac and my iPhone. On my Mac,I went onto the discovery plus website, and on my iPhone,I went through the app. I can confirm both of these worked, and I was able to both only watch in UHD, but I could use the other choices like seeing previous action and different commentary etc

The issue, as he is aware and he told me has been escalated due to the fact that it is affecting various customers on the Sky Q discovery plus app
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@best+of+the+best  am unable to provide the number here. I will try to message you on a PM

This message was authored by Barry+Mc+Kelvey This message was authored by: Barry+Mc+Kelvey

Hi

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a good contact number for Sky CS? It's a nightmare trying to find a contact number via their website.

Thanks in Advance 

Barry 🙂

Sky Q UHD HDR 2 TB Box (32B106)
4 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Sky Q Hub SR203
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey  There is no magic number I'm afraid, all calls are routed to the next available agent 

Click on the need more help drop down at the very bottom of the link below to reveal an 0333 number if your in uk

If in ROI using the same link change the flag in bottom right hand corner and refresh the link before following above instructions to reveal an 0818 number

https://www.sky.com/help/home#M1014

or if you have sky mobile/talk call 150

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey   You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Super+Anthony @Is the fact that TNT Sports Ultimate isn't available on Discovery plus on sky an issue or intentional - no one knows. I do feel sometimes that Sky staff could be more informative on here. I appreciate its discovery app - but we are Sky customers and it's on Skys platform - someone at sky will know whether we are supposed to receiving the TNT Sports ultimate channel or not. Lack of Information just causes disinformation and stress for Sky customers 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Barry+Mc+Kelvey This message was authored by: Barry+Mc+Kelvey

Hi @SKY1992bf @GD1 

Thanks 🙂 I've now copied and saved the number on my phone 🙂

I also forgot about being able to use 150 from the landline lol.

Thanks

Barry 🙂 

Sky Q UHD HDR 2 TB Box (32B106)
4 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Sky Q Hub SR203

There is a really good number to reach the exec team. They are much more helpful @Barry+Mc+Kelvey 

@Jason+Golding we can get the ultimate sports channel on Sky Q. See photo below. The person told me they are having serious issues with the app platform and they are looking into it

image.jpg

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Is that on Sky Q via the EPG or in Sky Q via Discovery plus ? @Super+Anthony 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by RossyRossy This message was authored by: RossyRossy

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey wrote:

Hi

I've currently got the, Wolverhampton vs Liverpool game on Discovery+. I've got Discovery+ Ultimate via EE.

Barry 🙂

That is strange. That is exactly what I have got (via EE) but I can't seem to see the game in UHD.

I assumed that they must be experiencing temporary issues with the app, so UHD might be down, but if you can see it now I am not sure...

Via the EPG.

The exec team told me it should be working on the discovery app. As mentioned, he told me they have been having serious issues since the update and they are hoping to get a fix asap 

@Super+Anthony @There is no doubt that TNT Sports ultimate is and has alsways been available via the EPG subscribing directly with sky - don't confuse that with Discovery plus access. That's where the confusion is 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion