Discussion topic: TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

This message was authored by Zoe+Bambridge This message was authored by: Zoe+Bambridge

TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

I have TNT sport included with my Discovery plus which works fine on my iPad, however is nowhere to be seen on the glass app. Is it that sky have deliberately removed it as to force you to pay £30 for the right to watch it on their platform?

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zoe+Bambridge  It's coming soon if you subscribe to tnt sports channels via sky

if you don't subscribe to tnt sports via sky it won't be available via the glass app at all and you will need to continue accessing it has you currently are 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

Well that's some (unsurprising) anti-consumer behaviour from Sky.  Not a showstopper as I'd rather pay £9pm (thanks to recently renegotiating my contract) through BT TV and watch it via my Apple TV than £30pm from Sky.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@tweetSP0RT it is a pain but direct your anger at Warner Discovery not Sky as they mske the rules.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@SKY1992bf I don't think what you are saying is correct. How I read the article is that the app needs updating to  allow access to TNT Sports and if your discovery plus account has the relevant permissions/subscriptions whether that be directly from Sky or through EE/BT etc you will have access to TNT. I don't see how they can have different types of app for different customers 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Coming soon, Sky TV customers who subscribe to TNT Sports will also be able to access the Premium plan on discovery+, which will enable them to enjoy TNT Sports via the discovery+ app on Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q.

^ The above is taken from the official press release - it doesn't say that Sky tv customers have to subscribe to TNT sports through sky 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

@Chrisee 

Is that confirmed that this a WBD decision? Strikes me as something that Sky would have a say with in terms of what goes onto their platform. 

I was wondering if it is like the Apple TV app it is the version with only Apple TV+ is there and shows/movies bought through Apple aren't which you'd assume is because of the conflict with Sky Store.

@Chrisee @My thoughts are that the app is the app. If it allows premium access to TNT Sports, it will allow it for all, as all the other apps work on sky. Ie you can have access to Disney/Netflix/Apple tv plus  through sky or direct with Disney - the app still works. How would sky configure two versions on the discovery plus app??? I can't see it. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by mrwwt This message was authored by: mrwwt

The app just isn't updated yet on Glass or Stream. The press release from TNT Sports says it will be updated soon on these platforms.

In terms of the subscriptions, Sky customers will continue to get Discovery+ for free, but TNT Sports through Disovery+ requires the app's Premium subscription option (which, understandably, is not the package provided for free to Sky customers). 

@mrwwt @Yep we get all that. I think you're missing the point. Read from The first thread 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Zoe+Bambridge wrote:

I have TNT sport included with my Discovery plus which works fine on my iPad, however is nowhere to be seen on the glass app. Is it that sky have deliberately removed it as to force you to pay £30 for the right to watch it on their platform?

@Zoe+Bambridge it's £29.99 regardless of which platform you watch it on.

Why would Sky deliberately remove it when TNT sports 1,2,3,4 are listed in the tv guide under Sports

Actually TNT Sports is showing £28 per month on my Sky Q box

20230802_122327.jpg

If you have TNT sport included with DiscoveryPlus you must be paying the £29.99 subscription then?

Screenshot_20230802_115431_discovery+.jpg

The TNT channels will show in the DiscoveryPlus app on your ipad regardless if you subscribe to TNT sports or not

Also Android version 

Screenshot_20230802_132107_discovery+.jpg

I don't have the relevant pass so can't watch TNT sport1

Screenshot_20230802_132233_discovery+.jpg

@best+of+the+best @The poster I thought was asking why when they subscribed to TNT sports (discovery premium) through other means, EE, BT or directly with D + wasn't it available on the Discivery plus app on sky, which it isn't. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Jason+Golding wrote:

@SKY1992bf I don't think what you are saying is correct. How I read the article is that the app needs updating to  allow access to TNT Sports and if your discovery plus account has the relevant permissions/subscriptions whether that be directly from Sky or through EE/BT etc you will have access to TNT. I don't see how they can have different types of app for different customers 

@Jason+Golding  I have just taken it from the link I posted as below 

"Sky TV customers with TNT Sports will soon get discovery+ premium.

If you don't have TNT Sports, you'll still get Entertainment and Eurosport content on discovery+ at no extra cost."

sky I believe with possible help from discovery can control what access customers get

originally customers could only get the basic tier for free before sports (Eurosport only) was added so that change does imply sky does have some control over what their customers can 

access  through the main app on glass/stream 

anyhow regardless of what we think can/can't be correct we will find out soon enough when it does launch 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Jason+Golding wrote:

@best+of+the+best @The poster I thought was asking why when they subscribed to TNT sports (discovery premium) through other means, EE, BT or directly with D + wasn't it available on the Discivery plus app on sky, which it isn't. 

@Jason+Golding if I purchased it via Sky @£28.00 per month I'll watch TNT channels via the EPG for those channels not via the DiscoveryPlus app whilst at home 

£29.99 pm from BT

£28.00 extra pm from Sky 

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass

The question was if a customer like me as an example gets discovery plus/TNT sports with their EE sim plan. Can they watch the TNT sports via the discovery plus app via sky stream. Currently this isn't possible but warner discovery have said that the app will be updated soon. Why would a customer that gets tnt sports as a free smart benefit or inclusive with another provider pay another £27 a month for the privilege of watching the sky stream EPG. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion