Discussion topic: Stuck on blue screen for remote control set up

This message was authored by SimBro This message was authored by: SimBro

Stuck on blue screen for remote control set up

Trying to connect remote to puck on 2nd TV. Stuck on blue screen telling me to hold 4 and 6 for 2 seconds. Nothing happens.

Best Answers
SimBro
Topic Author
This message was authored by SimBro This message was authored by: SimBro Answer

Re: Stuck on blue screen for remote control set up

After a 2 hour call with Sky, I managed to fix it. After numerous resets and investigation, it was claer that the puck was not connecting to the internet and, therefore, the recent software update had not be uploaded. When I tried the puck recovery process, the puck did not give the network settings options so I had to connect an ethernet cable to update the software first and then connect to the internet via the password option.

If anyone has an issue connecting their remote, do the suggested checks for the remote first but also check the puck connection to the internet. It could save you hours on the phone to Sky!  

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @SimBro 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
SimBro
Topic Author
This message was authored by SimBro This message was authored by: SimBro Answer

After a 2 hour call with Sky, I managed to fix it. After numerous resets and investigation, it was claer that the puck was not connecting to the internet and, therefore, the recent software update had not be uploaded. When I tried the puck recovery process, the puck did not give the network settings options so I had to connect an ethernet cable to update the software first and then connect to the internet via the password option.

If anyone has an issue connecting their remote, do the suggested checks for the remote first but also check the puck connection to the internet. It could save you hours on the phone to Sky!  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion