Discussion topic: Sound problem when watching apps

This message was authored by Laurace88 This message was authored by: Laurace88

Sound problem when watching apps

We have a sky glass tv with the sky q box attached. The sound is fine on the tv via sky q box, but when we try and watch anything on Amazon prime, Netflix or Disney plus the speaking is muffled and can only hear background music/sound. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Sound problem when watching apps

Turn off your sky glass tv at he wall for approx 3 minutes and turn back on. Within your Q box - go to the option that says refresh apps within the settings. Can I ask why you are using a Q box with Sky Glass? Did you not get on with the glass subscription? Hope this helps 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Laurace88 wrote:

the speaking is muffled and can only hear background music/sound.

That would tend to suggest audio is not reaching the centre speaker which is where speech is typically located in the mix. 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Laurace88
Topic Author

Thank you for your replies. I will try this, will I need to do this every time I watch something? 

We didn't like the fact that a few of the channels that we watch each day were not on the sky glass, so we kept the q box.

Laurace88
Topic Author

What would you suggest to do in this case? Thanks

Laurace88
Topic Author

@Jason+Golding @Hi there, I can't seem to be able to find the app refresh  within the q box, only on the sky glass settings. Could you navigate me to them please? Thanks so much

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion