Discussion topic: Sky glass virgin router

This message was authored by Ian196969 This message was authored by: Ian196969

Sky glass virgin router

After the problem with Sky Glass booting up , looks like the fix has created problems with Ee and Virgin Routers. Still without service for Day 5, too me 2 1/2 hours on hold to get this info. Still waiting for a fix, was promised a call back when it was- still waiting. Any updates please Sky?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass virgin router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian196969  You won't get an update from Sky through a customer helps customer community, what steps are you getting stuck on as I followed all the full steps using my VM connection.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Ian196969
Topic Author

Tv will now power up, but won't connect to Virgin router through WPS or using password

Ian196969
Topic Author

When I eventually got through to customer service, they took me through everything I'd tried. Eventually they said that they had just realised that the power on fix has broken something with EE and Virgin. This had happened before and developers from all 3 companies were working on a fix 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Ian196969 wrote:

When I eventually got through to customer service, they took me through everything I'd tried. Eventually they said that they had just realised that the power on fix has broken something with EE and Virgin. This had happened before and developers from all 3 companies were working on a fix 

Methinks they are bull of the preverbial as there is not isue using VM broadband, and I've not seen other posts regarding VM customers still being affected.

The steps in post 2 of this thread should work, which part of the process are you getting stuck on?

Edit**   I see you've tried the steps but getting stuck with the connection to VM, have you been advosed to reboot your VM hub at all?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

I also have a Virgin hub and the recovery worked fine for me 

try using an Ethernet cable  connection to get up and running or others have suggested using your mobile as a hot spot 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion